Main Menu

Anyone Know of these Dash Pads on Ebay

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, August 27, 2022, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Install will be quite a bit later at this point - I have gone down the rabbit hole so to speak and am currently pulling off the front clip, pulling the engine and going to strip and spray the engine bay.

As for fit and details like around edges and corners, in my opinion there is always going to be some massaging to get the perfect fit.  I get that the dashes are expensive, but they are also hand made from my understanding, and on core that did not come out of my car.  I did a '65 Mustang fastback years ago and the aftermarket dash pad was so bad I hunted down an NOS dash pad, which still required a bit fitment and massaging.

Seems there is a lot of confusion and opinion in the dash pad world- I was originally going to go with Just Dashes because they are local but was concerned over the"puffiness" some have mentioned here.  I guess my point is there does not seem to be a 100% perfect solution, and once installed I am sure I am going to be extremely happy with what I got.

For me the big win here is I have it in hand and it only took 5 days - same with my seat covers - I opted for vinyl from P&G Classics because they were in stock and I just do not want to wait a year for Legendary to maybe be able to deliver the leather set I need.   :alan2cents:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Jocigar

Thanks for posting pics, I never pulled the trigger on my dash less than two years ago when I was quoted $699 plus shipping with core exchange.   Water under the bridge I guess.    I'll wait until I'm really ready for it in case prices settle.

70_440-6Cuda

Hey all - here are some additional pictures of the dash I received.  Just to be clear I am not affiliated with Dash Pad Pros in any way, but Alannah reached out to me via text to let me know they are running a Labor Day special and have dashes in stock.

My experience was A+, dash arrived within 5 days of payment and communication was excellent - maybe they have made some improvements in their operation.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

1970A-66Challenger

When I had my dash pad recovered by Ultimate Rides about two years ago I also had a positive experience working with Alannah (Alan Foxx's daughter). My impression is that she took over the customer interface role. At my request she texted me numerous pictures to get my approval prior to shipping the pad.  It's not perfect and required some trimming but most people won't even notice the small issues. Overall it was a positive experience.