Main Menu

Dash pads

Started by Matt13, April 03, 2020, 10:46:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

Alan from dash pads in San Jose called to let me know they are doing a 10% off sale on pads. 915 345-9112. I'm not associated with them in any way, just thought I'd pass along the info.

Blake@diyhemi.com

I've seen a great deal of Facebook and Craigslist ads by them but have yet to see any pictures of them installed. Are they good quality?

My current pad is OK, but little flaws/cracks here and there. It's not a most have for me, but a want. So I'm curious about their quality, especially being just one state over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

B5fourspeed

I got mine from Mopar Ed in Merced, Calif.He deals with UR Dashes.When UR delivers them to him he selects the best ones The one I received from Ed was excellent.I went down  and pick it up.I am about 100 miles away.I gave him my core.No shipping cost more than  paid for my gas.

Matt13

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 03, 2020, 11:35:02 AM
I've seen a great deal of Facebook and Craigslist ads by them but have yet to see any pictures of them installed. Are they good quality?

My current pad is OK, but little flaws/cracks here and there. It's not a most have for me, but a want. So I'm curious about their quality, especially being just one state over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would seem this guy (Alan Fox) has a few dissatisfied customers from the posts I've seen on eBay. It looks like his daughter has taken over customer service and is trying to make things right.

anlauto

Alan Foxx can be difficult to deal with, he's not the greatest of business men out there HOWEVER I've used literally dozens of his dash pads in my restorations, and I've been happy with every one. You have to remember this is a reproduction, it won't be 1000% accurate compared to an original.

I've also notice his quality has only improved over the years. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Good to know. More vendors can only mean better competitive pricing for us. It seems his daughter is posting a lot on FB trying to drum up some business.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: B5fourspeed on April 03, 2020, 01:03:49 PM
I got mine from Mopar Ed in Merced, Calif.He deals with UR Dashes.When UR delivers them to him he selects the best ones The one I received from Ed was excellent.I went down  and pick it up.I am about 100 miles away.I gave him my core.No shipping cost more than  paid for my gas.

Ed is actually a little further south, just past Madera....

B5fourspeed

You are right.I have been down there about 3 times and I keep saying Merced and not Madera.

Fastmark

There are lots of complaints about Alan Fox, Ultimate Rides, or whatever his name of the month is. I guess it's like Forrest Gump's box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get. I think he knows which ones are good and he sells those off to his best dealers and try's to pass off the ones that just did not turn out quite right to unsuspecting people. I've heard good things about the pad from ABC. I have not seen one. The last car I bought was a 70 Cuda with air and the PO bought one from Alan. It does not fit well at the corners. I have not scrutinized it up close for fit but the guy I got the car from was not happy with it. I'll give it a closer look and give my opinion about it.

1970A-66Challenger

Just received my pad from Dash Pad Factory (Alan Foxx). As has been mentioned his daughter is handling customer service and was very helpful.  I haven't test fitted it, but it looks very nice and I'm pretty particular.

anlauto

That does look nice :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

I bought mine from Ultimate Rides.  I am happy with it and I am pretty uptight about my car.  I brought a core and cash and did the deal in person at a wap meet as some people have mentioned hes slow to get you your core refund if you bring him a core.   :alan2cents: