Main Menu

CC.com Anybody else getting a Database Error ?

Started by 1 Wild R/T, April 02, 2017, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthGC340

jimynick, totally agree with what you are saying.

Bought my first E-body years ago and was so happy to find CC.com. Nice people and a load of info. Reading the comments here i get the feeling that there is something behind the scene that i dont get (and i dont have any interest in understanding whats going on..) 

But i really hope that CC.com stays up. Jeez, i even enjoy Moparts!

Cuda Cody

I sure hope CC does not go away.  There is a good deal of information there that is useful to the hobby.  We are really one big E-Body family and some of the nicest people I have ever met has been because of car forums.  I will continue to work hard to provide a warm and friendly environment for anyone and everyone that loves E-Bodies.  My desire for CC was always to move it forward and make it better for all the users.  After waiting over a decade I gave up and started working towards the goal of making a site that is better and easier to use.  This is a brief history of E-Bodies.org:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/new-members-introductions/3/the-history-of-e-bodies-org/110/

There's no hidden agenda or behind the scene stuff.  There never will be.  I have always been super nice and polite to Ross and he has been the same to me.  In the end it's not the site that we love, it's the people.  The people are the ones that make it great and they are the reason I love hanging out and helping.  There's no better feeling than helping a fellow E-Body owner accomplish their goal of restoring a Cuda or Challenger.  My goal now is to offer as much to each and every Cuda or Challenger owner as possible.  To share more information and E-Body documentation than any other site before.  A place where a newbie can feel welcome and get expert advice from seasoned veterans or a veteran can come and feel appreciated for what they know.  And at the end of the day, reward those who take the time to help others by sharing the site's success through the Prize Shop.

As always, my phone number is 360-772-5555 and my email is codyreich@comcast.net if anyone ever needs me.  I'm always eager to help and never hard to get a hold of.

Quote from: plymouthGC340 on April 03, 2017, 08:24:26 PM
jimynick, totally agree with what you are saying.

Bought my first E-body years ago and was so happy to find CC.com. Nice people and a load of info. Reading the comments here i get the feeling that there is something behind the scene that i dont get (and i dont have any interest in understanding whats going on..) 

But i really hope that CC.com stays up. Jeez, i even enjoy Moparts!

soundcontrol

I think of this site os the new and improved CC.com, like Cody says, its not the actual website that makes or breaks it, it's the people, and most of the active people on CC are here now.

Spikedog08

I had Ross's phone number and sent him a note letting him know the site was down . . . He did not know and was able to contact someone to repair the problem.  That site holds a lot of good memories for me . . . And always will. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: soundcontrol on April 04, 2017, 01:38:34 AM
I think of this site os the new and improved CC.com, like Cody says, its not the actual website that makes or breaks it, it's the people, and most of the active people on CC are here now.

That's the way I see it, too.

Heck, I wouldn't have my current E body or half the knowledge I do now, had it not been for that site. Most of the time when I google specific E body topics, they still pop up. That's a testimony to the information shared over the years.

I do think this site has been a vast improvement though. As you said, same great people, better format. It is more organized and easier to search for information. Being a geek for OEM technical data and engineering drawings, I REALLY like  having those. The tech videos rock too, hopefully I can add to that database in time.

Where is my group hug smiley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Spikedog08

Where is my group hug smiley?

It is here ->.  :grouphug:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on April 04, 2017, 03:50:19 AM
I had Ross's phone number and sent him a note letting him know the site was down . . .

I think this lends itself to part of the problem. I've never met Ross.....but if a website owner doesn't actually participate in the website, then it's fair to say he's just in it for the money. Never taking care of it, never taking care of the members, no worries about updating and keeping it current, no care about member activities such as Carlisle, etc...etc...

You can clearly see the difference having @Cuda Cody at the helm makes :worship:

I don't have anything against CC.com, but I just don't have time to follow two websites, and like it's been said, E-Bodies.org is far superior  :banana: :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 04, 2017, 03:54:33 AM
Quote from: soundcontrol on April 04, 2017, 01:38:34 AM

I do think this site has been a vast improvement though. As you said, same great people, better format. It is more organized and easier to search for information. Being a geek for OEM technical data and engineering drawings, I REALLY like  having those. The tech videos rock too, hopefully I can add to that database in time.

This sums it up :perfect10:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

I was always wondering why Ross so adamant about a "Forum Re-design". You know, why mess with something that works. After 5 months and 5 pages of comments he wasn't successful. It also didn't help that many of the comments leaned towards keeping it as is. I guess it can be said that E-bodies.org is a redesigned cc.c. Great site and the best imogies.

P.S. I still visit there a couple times a day. It's helped me out of a few situations in the past.

JS29

It was for the best, but I didn't like the way that the currant events section was handled. I could not be leave A few people didn't get banned. it went way to far and shut down.  :bye: 

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: JS29 on April 04, 2017, 07:40:03 AM
It was for the best, but I didn't like the way that the currant events section was handled. I could not be leave A few people didn't get banned. it went way to far and shut down.  :bye:

I totally agree with you on that. Just the same few guys always going at it.

What really burned me was one day Ross's Dad "Wizard" made a political post that was full of 4 letter words. He made it a sticky, and locked it. It basically called anyone that didn't vote for Hilary, an idiot. (I'm being kind in my re=phrasing of his post).

Cody,

We don't need that stuff here. This is all about cars, and I hope it stays that way.    :)

anlauto

Brads70

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on April 04, 2017, 01:43:13 PM
Quote from: JS29 on April 04, 2017, 07:40:03 AM

I totally agree with you on that. Just the same few guys always going at it.

What really burned me was one day Ross's Dad "Wizard" made a political post that was full of 4 letter words. He made it a sticky, and locked it. It basically called anyone that didn't vote for Hilary, an idiot. (I'm being kind in my re=phrasing of his post).

Cody,

We don't need that stuff here. This is all about cars, and I hope it stays that way.    :)

EXACTLY!  Mike same issue with me!  That and the " it's good to be king" comment that he locked so no one could reply. But that's all over and done with ....history! On to bigger and better things!  :twothumbsup: I echo Mike, in never have that stuff in here, lesson learned!

303 Mopar

We have a lot of positive momentum here and excitement about the new site.  @Cuda Cody generates that energy that we all feed off of (insert Energizer Bunny imogi).  There is a bunch of valuable information here already and more added everyday.  This a all due to the people, without them there would be nothing.   :bravo:

Roadman

I walked away because of the Wizard, never looked back.   :alan2cents:   Thank God for E-bodies.org.    :rebelflag"