Main Menu

Did all '70 Challenger RT models...

Started by wldgtx, June 27, 2017, 03:21:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

if the luggage rack was identical, then it was a MOPAR rack - other makes had similar racks (probably from the same vendor) but the attaching feet & dimensions/mounting points varied.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on June 27, 2017, 07:14:49 AM
Luggage rack looks right at home on a RT/SE  :alan2cents:
That Purple RT/SE with a luggage rack has to be a pretty big production number for that type of car. There were 2 in my home town back in the early 90's. I restored a different one in the mid 90's. Somebody had stuck a Hemi in it but was originally a 383 car. They all had the exact same options including 8 track players.  I appreciate the cars but just never was a fan of the back glass.

70/6chall

Ok guys, point taken, more of a casual observation. It was a while ago so I can't confirm, thanks for your keen knowledge guys.    Thanks,   Al

wldgtx

Quote from: FY1443433 on June 27, 2017, 05:42:41 AM
The Hood Performance Paint Treatment (V21) was an additional $24.30 dollars.

Okay... so I hate to  :deadhorse: but I have a second question:

Was this code always on the fender tag?  Is it possible that a car had this option but was not on the fender tag?  I found an old photo of my car that appears to have the hood treatment, however it is NOT on the fender tag and there was no build sheet.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

6bblgt

Quote from: wldgtx on June 27, 2017, 12:48:59 PM
Quote from: FY1443433 on June 27, 2017, 05:42:41 AM
The Hood Performance Paint Treatment (V21) was an additional $24.30 dollars.

Okay... so I hate to  :deadhorse: but I have a second question:

Was this code always on the fender tag?  Is it possible that a car had this option but was not on the fender tag?  I found an old photo of my car that appears to have the hood treatment, however it is NOT on the fender tag and there was no build sheet.

mistakes happen, "V21" should be on the fender tag - people want OPTIONS - dealerships ADD them to make a sale - 1,000s of possible scenarios

wldgtx

I know, I know...

I am just trying to find the one that suggests that my car had this option.  I could of course just add it... :dunno:

1 Wild R/T

Most everyone likes it, it doesn't do any irreversible harm, just do it....

headejm

:iagree: My car came with the longitudinal stripe but I prefer the bumblebee stripe, so that's what's going on it. If you like the hood decal (I do), put one on. Enjoy your car!  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

:yes:  Rock that hood treatment!!!  Challengers look good with it and you can just remove it if you don't like it.  It is a large decal, so take your time putting it on and be careful.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 27, 2017, 01:21:28 PM

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 27, 2017, 04:14:13 PM
:yes:  Rock that hood treatment!!!  Challengers look good with it and you can just remove it if you don't like it.  It is a large decal, so take your time putting it on and be careful.

It is a large decal, & since the hood is a compound curve it's prone to wrinkles right by the scoops... I'd consider taking it to Cody... I mean a sign shop.....

Skdmark

The 71 V21 option is different than 70 too.

In 71 it has a large R/T integrated into it. V21 is a cool accent regardless of year on the Challenger sport hood.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

wldgtx

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 27, 2017, 04:49:05 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 27, 2017, 04:14:13 PM

It is a large decal, & since the hood is a compound curve it's prone to wrinkles right by the scoops... I'd consider taking it to Cody... I mean a sign shop.....

I have done billboards and full stripes before this should not be difficult.  Will update with pics once I get it.