Main Menu

Drag Week 2017 wooot!

Started by Marc70challenger, March 04, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Last night I grabbed a cheap laptop so we could communicate with the FAST. Had the builder on the phone and sent him the logs. We tried a some new launch settings off the 2 step. Did same after first of 3 runs today (best of 11.09 @126).  Just not getting her off line near to potential.

Figure we need to work on spec'ing different convertor. 60 foot is 1.8's and trapping 126+ says we're off.  And after shifts - tried between 7000 up to 7800, the rpm dropping 2k .... too much. 

At that trap speed and motor power we should be 11.5 or less easy.    We just had no time for track work.

But most important part is we made the 1,000 mile drive over 5 days. And had a blast.  Thanks so much to Brad! 

I'll get videos as soon as can when we get home. The truck was suppose to be fixed Friday.  We picked it up and in 5 minutes acted up again.  We will get it tomorrow and head on 860 mile trip back home.  Lol. We'll see ....

Brads70

This was a cool truck. Diesel poweref and fast! He hit the wall the last day. Sad to see it all wadded up

RUNCHARGER

Great adventure: Yes that 60 is off but you made it!
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

This has been super fun to watch and follow on.  Congratulation on finishing it and making it the whole way.  Nice job to you both.

The 1.8 60 foot times do seem really slow for your set up.  Once you get it dialed in it should be much better.   :yes:

Burdar

IIRC, the Chevelle with the turbos through the hood was pulled out of a field a couple years ago. They got it running just in time for drag week. That year it was running in the 15's. The next year it showed up with the turbos. It just goes to show you that it doesn't need to be pretty to be fast.

I really liked the Ford wagon with LS turbo power. A few times it got some big air. Total sleeper.

Marc70challenger

Thanks guys. We missed on the convertor - by a bit. Trying to keep the street in mind and as priority - was hard to "guess" with no runs down the track.  We'll get it boogieing soon. Lol.  Should be less than 10.4 easy.

Special thanks to @Brads70   Had a blast and was great ! 

Just threw this together tonight.

Cudakiller70

Really liking this thread!  :perfect10: Thanks for taking us along and taking the time from all the other things your doing to post these pics and videos. You get my vote for the fun thread of the year! Awesome! :clapping:

Cuda Cody

Love love LOVE the video.  Nicely done.  The in car video is the best!   :yes:  From driving down the road to making full runs on the track.  That was cool.   :burnout:

dodj

Thanks for bringing us along. Video is awesome!
:cheers:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Nicely done video, good mix of everything involved

blown motor

Cool video Marc.

What program did you use to put it together? I did a bunch of GoPro video a few weeks ago. I have chosen all the segments I want to use but need to put it together.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Marc70challenger

Thanks everyone!  We were too busy tech and first day so really didn't get any video. Then had mount on the dash as you can see. Then finally duct taped a mount to cross bar to get view inside. Lol

@blown motor   I use Adobe Premiere Pro. I have the suite for work.  It can be expensive. There are plenty of free ones - but they re limited. Corel has decent editing software and it's only like 40$. Or less on sale, and it's a good introduction into higher end video editing software. Also - doesn't GoPro come with basic editing tool ... I think Microsoft does as well.

1ownr

Hey Marc, looks like you and your "pit crew" had one hell of a good time. So happy for you and I love your Hot Rod Barracuda.
Charlie

jimynick

Man, that looks like it was a SLOG! A damn long, expensive and tiring slog, but-- utterly worth it! Great video and thanks for allowing us to "ride" along, it was neat. I'll bet there's some dandy stories as well. Way to go Mark and Brad, way to go! Ian   :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Marc70challenger

Thx Ian and Charlie!  It was a trip. Lol.  Already planning next year  :Thud:

Quite the experience. And what a way to get back o the track after 25 years  :rofl: