Main Menu

Drag Week 2017 wooot!

Started by Marc70challenger, March 04, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

WOW!!!   :unbelievable:  You are putting down some fast times!  Very impressive.   :bravo:  Hope you get the truck fixed. 

JonH

What's with the trailer? Thought these were street cars. lol  Thinking about checking it out at my old stomping grounds, Byron Dragway, on Wed. Should be a blast!

Burdar

If anyone has the youtube link to the live feed, please post it here.

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Burdar on September 11, 2017, 06:28:37 AM
If anyone has the youtube link to the live feed, please post it here.

Rev-It-Up

Burdar

Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8kGsN5IJc

I had to download Google Chrome because IE wouldn't play the live feed.  Marc just made a pass.  11.25 I think.  It's hard to see the red numbers on the computer screen.

Cuda Cody

Marc70challenger

Rolled in to hotel about 8p local. Took us about 7 1/2 hours for 250 miles. Thing drinks gas. Lol. Fun ride.

First hit this morning only ran 11.6.  with 126 mph. I crept trying to footbrake - didn't red light. But it messed up launch.  Will just use trans brake tomorrow.

We were going to try again but the alternator crapped out. Had a spare and we replaced it. It was charging so we didn't want to risk frying that one and in a pickle for the drive. So turned in that first slip.

Tomorrow we may just take belt off for the runs. It has a 2.5 ratio pulley which should be fine. But we know it's fine for drive.  So ....

Oh. The truck fried its bcm. They said f350s are known to leak in door frame and fry them.  NO recalls.  But they give wife a rental   Lol.

Marc70challenger

Ya. Trailers look hysterical on the cars.

Come out. Should be beautiful day and great cars!

Cuda Cody

I'm so jealous of you right now.  Sounds like a trip of a lifetime.  Thanks for the update.  I think you have a good plan to remove the belt for the runs and just put it back on to drive and charge the system.  If you have a battery charger you could use that between rounds too. 

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 11, 2017, 11:33:01 PM
I'm so jealous of you right now.  Sounds like a trip of a lifetime.  Thanks for the update.  I think you have a good plan to remove the belt for the runs and just put it back on to drive and charge the system.  If you have a battery charger you could use that between rounds too.

We have a jump box.  No charger. But I would think a run or two wouldn't drain it that bad.  We'll find out. Lol.  Thanks Cody!

Burdar

10.95 @ 127mph for Marc!  That's a nice running little Barracuda.

Cuda Cody

Down in the 10's!   :lookatthat:  Holy Smokes that's moving.   :veryexcited:

Quote from: Burdar on September 12, 2017, 07:16:39 AM

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 12, 2017, 07:53:23 AM

That alternator must have weigh A LOT to help knock a 1/2 second off!     :rofl: :haha: :woohoo: 

Marc70challenger

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 12, 2017, 11:53:21 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 12, 2017, 07:53:23 AM

That alternator must have weigh A LOT to help knock a 1/2 second off!     :rofl: :haha: :woohoo:

Ya. That and using trans brake. Lol

The 40$ "back up" 60 amp alternator made the run today and held up all during drive yesterday and today. About 540 miles. The 200$ high amp "built to race" alternator is the one that cropped out.    :rofl:

We got some video of drive and the hit. Will put together when get home.

Thanks everyone for kind words.  :thankyou:

Cuda Cody

I hope you realize how special and really neat this is.  What you are doing is so cool.  Thanks for letting us come along on the trip.  More photos please!   :please: