Main Menu

How long did it take you to build you car

Started by Shoooter, June 04, 2018, 11:13:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: leglhi on June 18, 2018, 10:52:36 PM
I'm on 8 years with mine.Long story but Ive been around my Cuda since the 8th grade as it was my English teachers daily driver,caged,tubbed and all.I tried to buy it countless times when i was in my 20's,and then 30's.Finally when i was 38 i finally talked him into selling it to me but it had gone from being a show car in the 80's to a complete mess from sitting outside for 20+years.I got it running,took it to the local donut hangout (to show everyone i finally got it lol)and then tore it apart to get her back to her former glory.Promised myself id have it done by my 40th B day....and 8 years later at 46 its about halfway done,Everytime i touch something i just cant bring myself to half ars it .Didnt plan on getting married again,having two kids and buying a house but that's exactly what happened.Ive since sold my street/strip Duster to finance the paint and body,and just last week sold another one i came across to flip for more $.Hang in there,it will all be worth it in the end..at least my kid will have a cool Highschool ride lol.

@leglhi ...do you have anymore pics of that paint job???  I am not sure I have seen that one the site before! 
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

leglhi

Hey Cuda Jason,i do have quite a few pics of it.Tried to post a current pic of it below the other one but it kept showing up upside down lol.I have pics of it black in the early 80's,then the silver deal in the mid 80's. Unfortunately it no longer has the panel graphics.I had to strip the car down to bare metal to replace A pillars,lower quarters,dutchman panel,rockers ect.I have pics of all of that.I would have loved to have kept all the panel graphics,i geek out on that old stuff.And looking back i should have had the car repainted silver until i could afford to have the graphics redone down the road.But unfortunately i didn't.AAR hood with hinges is on now instead of a lift off 6 pack hood,cage is gone...
If it ain't broke,fix it till it is

Chryco Psycho

That was a very cool paint job , looked great  :bradsthumb:

RUNCHARGER

That did look good. I think it can be a hard choice not to paint cool graphics back on. Bad graphics (and there were lots of them) make the choice easier. I like the strip of silver down the body line of the car.
Sheldon

leglhi

leglhi

Thanks for the kind words guys.I know its not everybody's mug of beer.Yeah there were some pretty far out pieces back in the day huh?Lol.I wanted to keep it the way it was so bad,but having somebody replicate it today wasn't within my budget.Its 2015 Plum Crazy Pearl Coat now,and even though it looks pretty decent I don't have that same feeling I used to when I saw the car as a kid.I remember being about 11 and having that car rumble by on our main drag and getting goose bumps (third generation Mopar guy).The guy had this Cuda and a 76 Pro Street Arrow which I also now own.But after painting my Cuda it feels different.Hard to explain.Even though I'm building it with love and its a way nicer car then it was back then I lost some of the connection.

Chryco Psycho

I remember seeing a blown gen 2 Hemi with a 4 spd pro Arrow years ago , I have pictures somewhere  :rubeyes:

Shoooter

there is alot of cool story's hete. keep them coming

Cudajason

Quote from: leglhi on June 19, 2018, 11:24:20 PM
Hey Cuda Jason,i do have quite a few pics of it.Tried to post a current pic of it below the other one but it kept showing up upside down lol.I have pics of it black in the early 80's,then the silver deal in the mid 80's. Unfortunately it no longer has the panel graphics.I had to strip the car down to bare metal to replace A pillars,lower quarters,dutchman panel,rockers ect.I have pics of all of that.I would have loved to have kept all the panel graphics,i geek out on that old stuff.And looking back i should have had the car repainted silver until i could afford to have the graphics redone down the road.But unfortunately i didn't.AAR hood with hinges is on now instead of a lift off 6 pack hood,cage is gone...

Thanks Man, that is awesome.

I am sure it looks great in the new Plum Crazy too. 

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.