Main Menu

Officially an E body owner now 😊

Started by rikkitik, December 18, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rikkitik

It finally arrived.
'71 Challenger R/T "tribute/clone".
440 Six Pack, 4 spd, 3.73 Dana 60. Excellent body and paint. Rotisserie build, almost everything new, or replaced. Even the underside body plugs, brake lines, etc. Rallye dash, console, fresh interior (complete). 4 wheel power disc conversion.
To say I'm a little excited.....nervous...🙄, would be an understatement 😅
I know it's not completely "correct", but that's what I was looking for. Something to put "my" finishing touches on.
It started life as a 318 2bbl car.

Brads70

Makes me smile for you! Glad to hear, now go enjoy it!  :bravo:

cudamadd

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

one bad fish

Wow love it!!  :perfect10:
Go burn the tires off that thing now! :stayinlane:

Chryco Psycho

tman

js27

:perfect10: Very nice ride. Congratulations on the purchase.. What color is that ??
JS27

rikkitik

Thanks all!  :bigthumb:
I bought it through a consignment, but I hope to get in touch with the previous owner.
Whoever did the work was a bit Mopar savvy. The car has a factory 340(?) rear sway bar. Frame mount, with the links attached to the spring perches (I did the same thing, back when I put a Dana under my old Cuda).
Car also came with a dyno sheet from 2018. On a Mustang dyno 358rwhp, 443tq.

Poolshark314

Your search didn't take too long, congrats!!! Great looking car
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

rikkitik

Quote from: js27 on December 18, 2020, 05:50:58 PM
:perfect10: Very nice ride. Congratulations on the purchase.. What color is that ??
JS27
I'm honestly not sure on the color, another reason I hope to contact the previous owner. I'm hoping to get the paint code.
It turns our the previous owner is a well respected horse trainer (harness racing) in Michigan. He owned it since '09.

jimynick

Congrats! That surely looks like the belle of the ball, 318 beginnings be damned! Nice colour and it does, look nicely finished. One caveat though; as you note, it's not a 318 anymore, so don't let your right foot write cheques that your driving experience can't cash, because with over 400 horses, she'll boogy!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Fish Tale

challengermaniac

Welcome and very nice as non numbers matching drivetrain means you don't have to worry about breaking anything given it is all replaceable!

1970 Challenger Convertible EB5