Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I really like that car restored original like that.

A friend here in Ontario has the matching 440+6 Shaker Cuda, same colours, but he wants to paint it yellow :'(

What do you think @Desmond ? Every time I see this Hemicuda I think I want to buy that six pack version...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Desmond

Actually looks pretty sharp...hmmmmmm.

fc7cuda

Truly an unappreciated color back in the day, but not now.  :bigthumb:

Morty426

Quote from: fc7cuda on July 10, 2018, 06:28:05 AM
Truly an unappreciated color back in the day, but not now.  :bigthumb:

I used to drive a FT6 A66 Challenger 4 speed everyday - it's a good color

RzeroB

We're almost to the end of the production year. Next we have not one, or two, but three '70 Hemi Challenger RT's that were all scheduled to roll down the line on Thursday July 23rd. That is a very late "build date" for the '70 model year. With the '71's starting production in August, I imagine the last day of '70 production might have been Friday, July 24th?? Or it might have even been a day earlier on Thursday July 23rd with these cars?? Either way, these three '70 Hemi Challenger RT's may have been the last Hemi E-bodies scheduled to be built for the 1970 model year (and if they weren't, they were darn close to being so!). So without further ado, allow me to introduce you to our three "finalist" for the 1970 model year ...

JS23R0B440241 is 1 only 287 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 150 with an automatic. It is finished in EF8 Dark-Green with a nice looking H5F8 green and black cloth and vinyl "houndstooth" interior. With the highest VIN of the three, this Hemi Challenger RT may be the last Hemi E-body scheduled to be built for 1970?

Interior view showing off the nice H5F8 green and black cloth and vinyl "houndstooth" interior. I really like these H5?? cloth and vinyl interiors!

Impressive presence! I like this picture as it really shows how the big Hemi fills and dominates the engine bay! Besides the impressive Hemi, this car is also equipped with the A32 Super-Performance 4:10 geared Dana axle Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, J81 Go-Wing and P31 Power Windows among other cool things.

Our next member of this trifecta is JS23R0B440219 which is also 1 of only 287 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 150 with an automatic. This one is finished in EB5 Bright-Blue with a sharp looking H6B5 blue vinyl interior.

Beautiful H6B5 blue interior ... it really brightens up the interior and you don't see a whole lot of these in this color.

Almost as impressive as the Hemi beneath it, the Shaker dominates the focus in this picture!

From the fender tag we can see that this Hemi Challenger is equipped with the A01 Light Group Package, A32 Super-Performance 4:10 geared Dana axle Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console and the rare (for Challenger) N96 Shaker hood among other nice things.

The final member of this trio is JS23R0B440239 which is also 1 of only 287 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 150 with an automatic. It is finished in EF8 Dark-Green with a H6F8 green vinyl interior.

Interior view showing off the H6F8 green vinyl interior. The green carpets almost always look "brown" to me - is it just me?

Like it's blue triplet sibling, this is another late build car equipped with the Shaker hood ... how cool is that??

From it's fender tag we can see that it is equipped with the A01 Light Group Package; A32 Super-Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes and a C16 Center Console; H31 Rear Window Defogger and R11 AM Radio among other standard things.

There you have it! What a great way to finish up 1970 production with not one, or two, but THREE Hemi Challenger RT's all decked out with automatics and A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared axle packages! These three cars were featured in an issue of the now defunct Mopar Muscle Magazine (July 2004 issue I believe??) and that is where I found them. Unfortunately "moparmusclemagazine dot com" has been absorbed by the "HotRod Network" and my link to the article is now a dead-end. Anyway, hope you liked this "trifecta" of Hemi powered Challenger RT's cause I know I sure do!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

750-h2

What a great thread! Thanks RzeroB for all your hard work! :worship:

dodgemania

JS29

GY3R/T

:thinking:  I wonder if the green Challenger came off the line with that fresh air base.

Chryco Psycho

Morty426

723 was most likely Shaker Challenger day. 

The two Hemi cars you showed and my own V code all have that SPD and I have seen others. 

Also the highest SPD I've seen was for a V code Red Challenger of 730

PlumCrazyRTSE

Quote from: RzeroB on April 14, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Dug around and found a couple of other pics of 307215 online ...

307215 is in the foreground and the car in the background is another real Hemi Challenger RT convertible 221640. I believe this pic was taken at one of the Mopar Nats in the mid-eighties (Cheslea Proving Grounds in '85 maybe?) when 307215 was still owned by Bill Drake Sr and 221640 was owned by Rene Delisle.

I believe I took these pictures at the 1987 Mopar Nats in Columbus OH.  I remember talking quite a bit with the owner of the shaker car (Rene?).  He was a super nice guy.  In that fourth photo, you can see a red Hemi challenger sitting next to the purple one. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any close-ups of the red one.

RzeroB

Great pics PC-RTSE!! Thanks for sharing!!  :thankyou:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

Fantastic pics of a fantastic Chall  :twothumbsup:

RzeroB

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 20, 2018, 11:47:09 PM
Fantastic pics of a fantastic Chall  :twothumbsup:

Yeah, auto, power steering, power brakes, power windows AND an 8-Track!! ... I don't think I could have let that one go if it was mine!!
Cheers!
Tom