Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Quote from: JP426 on September 15, 2019, 02:56:34 PM
That silver tag looks like a Chrysler ignition distributor tag.

Distributor tag?? Kind of an odd place to keep it!! Thanks for the id!!  :bigthumb:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Switching it up here ... our next entry was a "work in progress" when it was in attendance at the 2016 Chryslers at Carlisle show.  :wrenching:

To be honest, I don't know what it was doing there. I don't know if it was part of a restorer's exhibit showing off their skills ... or if it was an incomplete project that ran out of motivation (or funds?) and was offered up for sale? So ... without further ado ... here's Johnny!!  :lurking:  Ooops!! ... I mean JS23R1B242274!!  :bravo:

Having originally been sold new out of Lavel Quebec, JS23R1B242274 is 1 of only 5 (yes f-i-v-e!) made for the Canadian market in 1971. It is finished in FJ6 Green Go with V6X black side stripes and a H6X9 black interior. It's not much to look at in this condition ... unless you are a FJ6 lover (like me!!) ... but someday it will be absolutely amazing!!  :worship:

I'm no expert ... but for some reason this fender tag strikes me as being a repop. Assuming that the options on it are truthful and correct, this Canadian spec Hemi Challenger came nicely equipped with the A01 Light Group Pkg, A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Pkg, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console and the N96 Shaker Hood among other things. It will be nice to see what this car looks like when it is finally completed!!

Not much of an interior ... about all we can tell from this picture is  that it will have the S83 Rim Blow Steering Wheel and a C16 Center Console ... but you can imagine the rest of it can't you?? Ok, that would be a bit of a stretch at this point ...

Well at least the elephant looks like it is all together and complete!! It just needs the rest of the car to be finished so it can come to life and thunder down the boulevard once again!! Wonder if this Hemi Challenger RT project has ever been completed or not in the three years since it was at Carlisle?? Anyone know?? Let us know if you are aware of it's current status. Thanks!!

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS23U

In the year 2000 I pictured this JS23R in FF4 in Naperville and Columbus (same weekend). I wasn't smart enough to capture the VIN, nor was the hood open for a fender tag glimpse. I even can't remember if it was a four speed or auto.
I guess the car on the newer pics is the same. If anyone has details about that particular car please share or send me a pm. I'd love to see the tag. A seldom seen color, but in my eyes it looks great with white stripe and non-vinyl top  :drooling:

RzeroB

Hi Jens!  :wave:

That is a rather nice looking car ... you just don't see too many of them in FF4. You may not have caught the VIN or fender tag ... but you caught the license plate so maybe that will help someone to recognize it? What is that anyway ... a Michigan plate?

As for FF4 Hemi Challengers, I only know of two others: one is a 4-speed car with V5X black side mouldings; and the other is an auto V68 stripe-delete car. So this is a new car to me ... and of course I'm adding it to my list. Hopefully with the help of the group we'll be able to find out more about it.

Finally, as always, thanks for your contribution to the thread Jens!  :drinkingbud:
Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

Interesting car , thanks for posting the pix  :bigthumb:

RzeroB

Hey Jens @JS23U ,

Could you repost your pics over on the Factory 426 Hemi Cars (no clones) facebook page?? Might be some people over there that are not here that might recognize that FF4 car.  :notsure:

Thanks! Tom
Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

Here is an interesting car ... all of these cars are interesting to me ... but this one a little more so than some of the others ...

Notice the license plate?? Obviously it isn't licensed in the U.S. or Canada with that plate. Now check out the engine compartment ...

Notice the silver tag by the fender tag?? Very hard to tell what that is with this picture ... However, I'm sure you astute observers have already identified it as being an "export tag" ... and that is in fact what it is.

This should be BS23R1B388308 and it is one of only four known '71 HemiCuda's that were built for export that year. After rolling off of the line in Hamtramck, this Rallye-Red 4-speed HemiCuda was boxed up (or whatever they did to prep and ship it overseas?) and shipped all the way over to Copenhagen Denmark where it was sold new to some lucky Dane.

I don't know who the gentleman is standing next to the Cuda ... but I would have to assume that perhaps he is the current owner?? Lucky guy if he is ... anyone recognize him??

With the modern looking cars in the background this has to be a relatively recent picture of the car in Denmark. Although I think the Cuda's styling is timeless ... it definitely looks out of place amongst all of the little eco-cars that can be seen in the background. Good thing for the eco-cars that the Cuda is resting in the parking lot and not gorging itself upon them on the street! In some ways though I guess the little eco-cars get the last laugh in that they don't have to stop and cry at the petrol pump over the cost of a liter of petrol as often as the thirsty fish! If you think the Cuda's mileage looks bad in gallons (MPG) ... it really looks bad in litres!! What kind of "MPL" might it get?? Maybe 2 MPL?? Yikes!! 

I didn't know about this car until I came upon a post on the Factory 426 Hemi Cars (no clones) facebook page by Johnny B. Goode Rasmussen. Here's most of Johnny's post ... it's an interesting read!!

A big thanks to Johnny B. Goode Rasmussen for his his post about this car on the Factory 426 Hemi Cars (no clones) facebook page. Without Johnny's excellent post about this car and some of it's historical story, I would not have been aware of it and able to share it with you. Go Johnny go ... Johnny B. Goode ... you "rock"!!
Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

RzeroB

How about an RT/SE?? Haven't posted up one of these in a while ... maybe because of all the hardtop Hemi E-bodies made ... these are actually the rarest with only about 63 (59 U.S., 4 Canadian) known to be made. So, without further ado ... here is this weeks feature car:

JS29R0B157981 is 1 of about 63 1970 Hemi Challenger RT/SE' ever made. 1 of only 59 made for the U.S. market and of those it is 1 of 37 equipped with an automatic. It is finished in EB7 Dark Blue with a V1W white vinyl top, and a H5B5 blue houndstooth interior.

This Hemi Challenger RT/SE features the H5B5 blue cloth and vinyl "houndstooth" interior. Just look how nice that blue H5 interior looks! Sure "basic black" looks good with everything ... but this blue H5 interior looks simply amazing! The H5 interior is perhaps my favorite interior option for these cars ... I actually kind of like it better than the HR leather ones!

Beautifully detailed Hemi resides under the hood. Check out how "bright" the big Hemi looks ... the colors and finish on the engine and within the engine bay just "pop"! There is also plenty of "go" behind all that "show" as this Hemi has the A32 Super Performance 4:10 Dana Axle Package behind it.

EB7 Dark-Blue is such an under-rated color. A few shades darker than EB5 Bright-Blue, it has a richer, deeper hue to it, but for some reason was not nearly as popular as EB5. With everything else being equal, if I had to chose between an EB5 car and an EB7 car ... I would go with the EB7 one. From this angle with the blue body and white top the car looks rather unassuming ... no stripes, wings, nor even a flip-top gas cap to tip you off as to it's true nature. You wouldn't really know what it was until you pulled up along side ... and caught the call-outs on the hood. By then it would be too late. Ooops! Respect it and it may give you a nod and a pass. Taunt it ... and it surely would unleash it's ferocity upon you!

During part of 2018 this beautiful RT/SE was offered for sale by Legendary Motor Cars (LMC) up in Georgetown Ontario. I don't know whatever happened to it ... who may have acquired it ... or where it may now currently be?? If YOU know give us an update!! Hope you enjoyed this weeks feature.
Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

I agree with the preference for the B7 over B5 & I am virtually certain I saw this car in person years ago & likely have pix still !

anlauto

Yea...I really liked that car...a couple of my buddies did the restoration on it... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

A few years ago that Challenger was on display at the Moparfest in Ontario Canada. Car looks even better in person! :clapping:

three two barrels

I purchased this car in 2000, enjoyed it for 4 years, it is the first of 5 1971 Hemi Challengers sold in Canada, all numbers match, build sheet and original fender tag. Original owner Yves N*** purchased it in Montreal Quebec and it spent time in Manitoba, Ontario and Alberta before heading to Texas.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
Beautiful Challenger !