Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

I know René added the Shaker to 221640...
Any of them came from factory with N96?

Ben

RzeroB

According to legend, only the very first Hemi Challenger RT convertible made was factory equipped with a Shaker. It was reportedly a triple-black leather interior 4-speed car. I have never seen any empirical evidence to substantiate this, but it is generally accepted as a matter of fact. This car of course is 100022 which the never made it out of Hamtramck before the executive decision was made to convert it into first the Yellow-Jacket, and later the Diamante concept show car.  :bricks: 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

JS27R0B100022 was not a factory N96 "SHAKER" car

so, the answer is NO known HEMI SHAKER convertible Challenger R/Ts  :crying:

its extra cost OPTIONs included:
A01 light group
A33 3.54 DANA axle package
B41 disc brakes
B51 power brakes
C15 seat belt group
C16 console
C62 6-way seat
D21 4-speed
E74 HEMI
G31 RH chrome racing mirror
G33 LH chrome racing mirror remote
J41 pedal dress up
P31 power windows
P37 power top
R22 AM radio w/8-track tape
S77 power steering
S83 rim blow steering wheel
W21 rallye wheels

RzeroB

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 16, 2018, 08:07:53 PM
JS27R0B100022 was not a factory N96 "SHAKER" car

so, the answer is NO known HEMI SHAKER convertible Challenger R/Ts  :crying:

So much for the legend!!  :bricks:

Maybe it wasn't even originally a "triple-black" car??  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

NOTHING BUT BLACK!
TX9 - H6X9 - V3X - V68

RzeroB

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 16, 2018, 10:59:37 PM
NOTHING BUT BLACK!
TX9 - H6X9 - V3X - V68

So much for the "leather interior" part of the legend!  :bricks:

At least the V68 stripe delete portion of it was true!  :banana:

Guess you just can't believe all of those "legends" concerning these cars?  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

71REDCUDA

6bblgt.. How do you know the first Hemi challenger 100022 was not optioned with N96 shaker before the rebuild.. I have heard otherwise. BUT i guess it really does not matter much since its a rebuilt car by Chrysler.

6bblgt

I have a copy of the factory invoice for the car - NO SHAKER
JS27R0B100022 is a pre-production car, built ~ June '69
I do not believe the Dodge e-body SHAKER hood existed at that point, its part number was assigned well after the Plymouth version

part #2998805 '70 Plymouth SHAKER hood (in May '70 Parts Catalog)
part #3443271 '70 Dodge SHAKER hood (in May '70 Parts Catalog)
part #3443685 '70 Dodge T/A hood
part #3443686 '70 Plymouth AAR hood
part #3443797 '71 Plymouth SHAKER hood
part #3443880 '71 Dodge SHAKER hood

It looks like there was some "sibling rivalry" between Dodge & Plymouth and secrets were kept between the brands,
for 1970 I think Plymouth kept the 340 E-body & SHAKER hood on the down-low as long as possible, both were not released by Dodge at the '70 model year debut

when was the first public image of a SHAKER Plymouth available?
when was the first public image of a SHAKER Dodge available?

6bblgt

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on April 20, 2018, 10:42:03 PM
6bblgt.. How do you know the first Hemi challenger 100022 was not optioned with N96 shaker before the rebuild.. I have heard otherwise. BUT i guess it really does not matter much since its a rebuilt car by Chrysler.

I believe the first HEMI Challenger was the red R/T SE JS29R0B100015, built about a month before the convertible ~ May '69

also a non-SHAKER Challenger

RzeroB

Dan, can I assume that is suppose to be the mythical "flat hood Hemi" 100012?

I have never seen this picture before. I've only seen the the "tennis court" pic and the "reward for info" ad pic of this enigma.

Has different wheels on it in this pic versus the "turbine" hubcaps (or whatever they are?) in the "tennis court" pic. Very cool nonetheless! Thanks for posting it up.
Cheers!
Tom

71REDCUDA

Intresting.. i remember that i asked Juliano for docs about he 100022 car before when he had it.. but he didnt have much.

It would be very intresting to see a pic of the invoice for that car.

Thanks
Nicklas

71REDCUDA

A few more of 100012

RzeroB

:takealook:  Never seen those pics of 100012 either ... Thanks!

and the plot thickens as to whatever happened to it ...  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

anlauto

Wonder if the car actually had a Hemi in it... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Nice to have revisited a couple of cars that haven't been seen in a while. Bill Drake Sr's old Challenger 'vert was rather ubiquitous when Bill owned it as he liked to show off his cars and took them everywhere. But everything changes. The new owner is rather private and as such, so now is the Challenger. Be nice to get some updated pics of it though. If it ever comes out for a show, I hope somebody can snap a few new pics of it and post them up here for us.  :bigthumb:

As for the "flat-hood Hemi" 'vert ... well that thing is such an enigma that it seems highly improbable that it is even still around. After all I don't think it's been seen since these pics were taken in 1969! It would be shocking if it ever surfaced agained. Thanks to 6bbl and 71red for posting up those additional pics of this very elusive fish.  :twothumbsup:

Not quite as elusive is our next feature car. I found it on Bryan Blake's "Factory 426 Hemi Cars (no clones)" facebook page. Other than what you see, I know nothing about it. So if you know something about this car feel free to share it with the rest of us.  :yes:

Say hello to BS23R0B311145  :wave:  I don't know how old this picture is, or where it was taken. Pretty cool looking paint job ... wish there was another pic showing off the paint work on the hood. Look familiar to anyone?  :notsure:

Just a bit grainy, but you can pretty much make everything out. We can see that 311145 came from the factory painted in FC7 In-Violet automatic car with a H6X9 black vinyl interior. From the tag we can see that it also originally sported A22 Elastomeric Bumpers, the A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, the A45 Aero Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, G36 painted dual Sport Mirrors and no radio code. Sounds pretty much like a race car to me!

Again, if you know this car, it's owner, or it's history, feel free to share with the rest of us. Thanks!! :thankyou:   
Cheers!
Tom