Main Menu

Record price at Mecum today for a T/A?

Started by JH27N0B, May 19, 2018, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

$198,000 :rubeyes:  :bigmoney:
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0518-327334/1970-dodge-challenger-ta/
Tim Welborns unrestored B3 sold for $185K a couple years ago.  The $198K includes buyers premium, I don't think the $185K back then did?
Whatever the case, I'm shocked.  I looked at the car yesterday and no doubt it was a looker.  But over restored with a few little details wrong.  And its a column auto!

IRON MAN

Odd Challenger T/A; Color scheme, column shift, hood tach....

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

Jim AAR

Quote from: xx88man on May 19, 2018, 04:39:27 PM
Was a hood tach even an option?   :dunno:

:iagree: I was just going to say that, never heard of it on any Challenger let alone a T/A.   :thinking:  :notsure:

Why wouldn't you just get a Rally Dash?  :notsure:

PlumCrazyRTSE

I was there on Thursday.  I thought that T/A was nice but I had to chuckle when I saw the hood tach and then saw that it was an auto on the column.  Had I not seen the sale price, I would have guessed about half that amount.   :looney:

PlumCrazyRTSE

Quote from: xx88man on May 19, 2018, 04:39:27 PM
Was a hood tach even an option?   :dunno:

If I remember correctly, the sign said dealer installed.  Unfortunately, that's about the time my phone battery died so I only got one photo of it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fmj4f4GgBWFCrTCV2

6bblgt

the "Chrysler Parts" labeled DIXCO hood tach showed up in the 1971 "Hustle Stuff" parts catalog

they were NEVER factory available on any MOPAR (it is a similar tach to what was used by FoMoCo & Yenko)

the one on the T/A with the pentastar logo (& FoMoCo face) was a reproduction produced in the '80s

anlauto

There's a local guy to me with a pink TA. white interior black top....his is a four speed though.....I'd bet he'd like the results of this auction :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Apparently there were at least two people in the room that really wanted a pink T/A.....

I get the pink. it's cool, but column auto, one eyed monster & hood tach?????

750-h2

Except when new, FM3 cars always command more $$$. I like them! 

ply64post

:thinking:

The car has 3 sp wipers and a standard dash.I know 3 sp wipers come with the A62 pkg and have seen most 2 sp wipers have standard dashes, are builders making mistakes ?

72hemi

I believe 3 speed wipers were required on all multi carb engines to clear the air cleaner.

I absolutely love this car! Just wish it was a 4 speed. I expected big money for it, but not this big.  :bigmoney:
Life's too short to drive boring cars

autoxcuda

Quote from: 72hemi on May 21, 2018, 10:51:25 AM
I believe 3 speed wipers were required on all multi carb engines to clear the air cleaner.

I absolutely love this car! Just wish it was a 4 speed. I expected big money for it, but not this big.  :bigmoney:

Not on e-bodies. There are many 2 spd wiper T/A and AAR's

That's a 69 1/2 and 70 b body thing I believe
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Jim AAR

Quote from: autoxcuda on May 21, 2018, 10:53:27 AM
Quote from: 72hemi on May 21, 2018, 10:51:25 AM

Not on e-bodies. There are many 2 spd wiper T/A and AAR's

That's a 69 1/2 and 70 b body thing I believe

Yep,  :iagree: , my AAR has a 2spd Wiper Motor......

RUNCHARGER

Man I dunno. That cyclops dash and shifter arrangement take away from the colours but two guys liked it. Or maybe two ladies, Mary and Kay.
Sheldon