Main Menu

Unfortunate accident

Started by mopar thunder, February 22, 2021, 10:10:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty

Wish I could say or do something to make you feel better and make it all go away... but I've got nothing.   :(

YellowThumper

Real sorry to hear of issue and how it has played out.
I do believe in karma...
Best of wishes you get thru this mentally for peace.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

torredcuda

It sucks and I get you are pissed but you need to move on from this, if I stayed upset and stressed about every time I`ve been screwed by someone in my life I`d be pretty miserable, the last time was for a few thousand dollars by a contractor and I recouped $0. At the end of the day you are out your deductible and a slight increase in premiums, I doubt a claim on a 50 year old car is going to devalue it much if any. Don`t let one A-hole ruin your enthusiasm for a hobby I assume you otherwise enjoy.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

HP2

IMO, the world is full of sleazy, lying, cheaters who would sell their sister for a buck if they could get away with it. I'm remined of a famous movie line...its not what you know, its what you can prove. Your desire for penance is an underlying wish that is making the situation worse for you with no impact on anyone else. If you want to take such a fatalistic view of it, unload all your cars and move to another country because of one slime ball, well, then he wins. You willing to give him that too?

FWIW, I had a similar situation occur with my HOUSE. Not my car, not my toys, my primary residence. Took em to court, won the case, they filed bankruptcy and walked. They got away with $150,000 worth of BS.  I'm sure we could pull up any example of top tier con-men who have duped otherwise smart people out of millions of dollars. Bernie Madolf anyone?

Let it go.  As messy as this situation is and in spite of your view of the US overall, it certainly could be much, much worse.

Montclaire

"Justice" is a fantasy.  You still have your car, it's repairable, and the insurance covered it.  Next time go to a professional mechanic that is insured or do what the rest of us have been forced to do and make your own repairs. At least if you are the one who screws up, there is no one else to blame. Crappy mechanics and body shops are, unfortunately, part of owning a classic vehicle.

Get the car fixed and do some burn outs, you'll be fine.