Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on September 23, 2018, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: jimynick on September 23, 2018, 05:24:53 PM
After working on everybody else's stuff on this perfect, blue sky 70' day, I backed the old gal out of the garage with an eye to taking my granddaughter Gracie for an ice cream and noticed the exhaust leak was getting worse. Looking under the car in good light, I saw that the left exhaust pipe was cracked nearly 3/4 of the way around about 2" past the collector and the last thing I needed was to have it fall down, jam up and demo it and the car, so I reluctantly put her back in the garage for a date with the welder, soon.  :(

Ouch that sucks man.

I took the wee man out for a 50 mile cruise today...then popped a engine mount while trying to do a break stand!!!  Damit!  time to order parts!
Sound like that engine is going to pull itself out? LOL

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on September 24, 2018, 01:08:28 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on September 23, 2018, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: jimynick on September 23, 2018, 05:24:53 PM
After working on everybody else's stuff on this perfect, blue sky 70' day, I backed the old gal out of the garage with an eye to taking my granddaughter Gracie for an ice cream and noticed the exhaust leak was getting worse. Looking under the car in good light, I saw that the left exhaust pipe was cracked nearly 3/4 of the way around about 2" past the collector and the last thing I needed was to have it fall down, jam up and demo it and the car, so I reluctantly put her back in the garage for a date with the welder, soon.  :(

Ouch that sucks man.

I took the wee man out for a 50 mile cruise today...then popped a engine mount while trying to do a break stand!!!  Damit!  time to order parts!
Sound like that engine is going to pull itself out? LOL

Yeah pretty much man!!!  Quite the racket, I was not sure what it was, but I know I broke something.  On the plus side, I was able to drive it home!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

cudaragtop

Seattle Bite of Broadview (BOB) Cars Show.

Childhood neighborhood. 2 houses I lived in as a kid within 5 blocks of the show.
Took the Cuda and the Challenger. Cuda got 1st Place.

Here is a Javelin with a Coyote Crate Motor.

His brother's Rambler with a Coyote Crate Motor.

For a 5L those are really wide. Very well done. A lot of fabrication and custom metal work.
Both were very well done.

They built these before the Mopar 5.7 and 6.4 Crate Swap motors were available.
Would not surprise me to see them with Hellcrate motors in them at some point.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Quote from: cudaragtop on September 29, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
Seattle Bite of Broadview (BOB) Cars Show.

Childhood neighborhood. 2 houses I lived in as a kid within 5 blocks of the show.
Took the Cuda and the Challenger. Cuda got 1st Place.

Here is a Javelin with a Coyote Crate Motor.

His brother's Rambler with a Coyote Crate Motor.

For a 5L those are really wide. Very well done. A lot of fabrication and custom metal work.
Both were very well done.

They built these before the Mopar 5.7 and 6.4 Crate Swap motors were available.
Would not surprise me to see them with Hellcrate motors in them at some point.

Awsome. Thanks for showing.  I used to have a white 69 Rambler. Never that nice and boy does it bring back memories.  Good ones...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

YellowThumper

New work has a company day off today so...
All the important things on a perfect fall day. Hair cut, Sam's club, Home depot, local repair shop to shoot the shi... with owner.
Pic for proof. lol.

Mike.

anlauto

I actually picked up my new AAR Cuda project today....When/if it stops raining, I'll post some pictures.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shawn

Installed A-pillar and header trim, rear view mirror and visors.

71-440

Finally got the car up on my new Race Ramps. Made some blocks for under the frame rails as a precaution. Now I can work on tightening the oil pan and tranny pan bolts as they are loose.
Also going to finish running my second ground cable from the trunk. The previous owner had the battery grounded to the body in the trunk. I'm going to leave that and the new ground cable will go to the tranny.

Joe

Chryco Psycho

Looks Great Shawn
That will help for sure Joe  :twothumbsup:

303 Mopar

YellowThumper

Oh, and in my drives yesterday I took it to a F0rd dealer to check on another repair. Felt good parking it right up front for all to see...

Mike.

71-440

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 03, 2018, 03:08:49 PM
Oh, and in my drives yesterday I took it to a F0rd dealer to check on another repair. Felt good parking it right up front for all to see...

Yeah rub it in...lol
Joe

jimynick

I finally hauled my arse out to the garage and jacked the old gal up and welded/brazed that cracked collector, so that it doesn't fall off on the road, and it sounds much better now. If it doesn't pull a "Calgary" here, maybe wee Gracie will get her ice cream after all!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"