Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: dodj on January 30, 2020, 06:53:33 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on January 28, 2020, 08:16:33 PM
As a follow up to the saga of issues. Today I checked and turns out one of the fans had a bearing go out. Summit order today. Will bend up and finally finish a custom shroud I have been planning for it. Pics are of the one I made for Falcon a few months ago.
How do you cut everything so neatly?
I can cut up metal bits but it looks like a kindergarten kid did it compared to your work.
Initially I was planning on setting up a router with a swinging arm jig. Drill a center hole and spin it around that. Decided against it as it would vastly weaken the plate face when doing the bends. So... placed the fans where I wanted them and traced a line around them. Start holes were drilled and I just used a hand held jigsaw with metal blade on it.
Same with the bottom holes. Speed drill for each of the 4 corners and cut the rest. All was cleaned up with a series of flap and sanding discs. Squares were cleaned up with air grinder with cutting burrs.
Bends were done with a homemade brake. The sides are separate Z shaped for side walls and mounting flanges. They are riveted on both sides of the primary plate.
Step by step piece by piece all at home.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Nice work!  I used this company for my electric fans and am also planning on it again for the Javelin.  Pretty easy to fab up a shroud....

http://www.rainbowproductsonline.com/shroud-fan-assembly/extreme-coolers.php

70Barracuda

Put the new Keystone rear bumper on today,  Not an easy job getting it as close to even on both sides as possible.  The two ends are not the same.
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Brads70 on January 30, 2020, 10:23:18 AM
Nice work!  I used this company for my electric fans and am also planning on it again for the Javelin.  Pretty easy to fab up a shroud....

Wow those are nice. I have to utilize dual fans because of space issues with accessories because rad is pulled off core support over 2 inches for the intercoolers to pass thru.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on February 01, 2020, 11:02:20 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 30, 2020, 10:23:18 AM

Wow those are nice. I have to utilize dual fans because of space issues with accessories because rad is pulled off core support over 2 inches for the intercoolers to pass thru.

Great workmanship! I like how you did the flaps down at the bottom, nice design. I just thought I'd mention the rainbow fans as an option just in case they were thinner and you were fighting for room. Or if you were having reliability issues as an other option.  You can buy just the fan in various diameters to suit.

303 Mopar

ec_co

went to see progress on the metalwork, fast progress - dr side inner fender, rear quarter patch, front and rear window channel rot and 1 trunk extension. sounds like I'll have it back in a couple weeks.  :banana:

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

7E-Bodies

Continuing on with the constant tweaks and adjustments to the RR AMD quarter on my Challenger. Good stuff, but they don't jump out of the crate and fall into place by any means.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

gzig5

It's 50 and dry out so I got it out of the garage and put 50-some miles on it to keep the fluids mixed up.

SeventyTX9RTRag

Drove the AAR, and washed the Charger.

JS29

Could you two guys rub some more salt on my wounds! I walk past my barracuda every day  :'( That it will be three to four more month's before mine will see sunshine again.   :cheers:

YellowThumper

Quote from: JS29 on February 02, 2020, 02:30:37 PM
Could you two guys rub some more salt on my wounds! I walk past my barracuda every day  :'( That it will be three to four more month's before mine will see sunshine again.   :cheers:

@JS29 hope this helps you out.
It is currently 66deg on the left coast. I have too many other projects going on so this will be sitting as well for the next few months.  :pullinghair:

Mike.

Mike.

JS29

72 Challenger

It's -5 here in canuck degrees. I walk past the car several times a week. It pains me. I am playing around with a welder and building a bench in order to keep my garage time up. 
Someday I will have a J0b.