Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on September 04, 2021, 01:58:45 PM
Is that your own car Alan?

No that is my customer's 426 Hemi clone convertible....picture was taken in the front yard of the guy with the advertisement for sale :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

Oil and filter change on the 340, then started and ran it for 10 minutes.
Terry W.

cudaragtop

Won Best Convertible at the Cruzin to Colby Car Show in Everett WA on Labor Day.

https://www.facebook.com/CruzinToColbyCarShow/photos

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

cudaragtop

From Cruzin Colby the night before the show. Me and my sweetie Cruzin Colby 9/05/2021 in the Cuda
Someone happened to post in another group. I heard it was about 600 cars. It was a nice night for it.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

70Barracuda

Nothing, just off the phone with Griffin Radiator, after waiting 6 weeks and being told it would ship last Friday 9/3, now its another 2 weeks, today is 9/7.  On top of that the gal their said the gal who took my order won't get paid til it ships!  I broke out in laughter telling her, you may think twice about using your employees pay on my radiator taking 2 months to ship as a way to make me feel better.

First world problems I suppose. 
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

jimynick

That's funny! The wife and I were in Sarnia a couple of weeks ago and drove down the river- on the Canadian side with the USA in the background. It seems strange that there's the 'States, right there- and we can't go there. Many's a night drinking beer in Pt. Urine back in the day, though! There was a band, Toby Red, that we'd go to see, but I'm damned if I can recall the name of the bar. It was an old theatre and had a old cast iron railing that ran around an upstairs balcony. Cool place.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

three two barrels

Looking for a new motor mount as my 3 year old/3k miles split in two. I purchased this one from Ehrenberg who stated they were NOT made in China, wondering if he buys them from Rock Auto and then flips them to suckers.....er, I mean customers.

What are you guys with high horsepower using for mounts?

blown motor

@three two barrels I have a new set of small block mount that I bought from Roseville if you are interested.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

I use Mag mounts or Poly locks so they cannot pull apart .

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

gzig5

I made my own version of Mag Mount from stock parts.

71383bee

Quote from: 70rag383 on September 03, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: 71383bee on September 03, 2021, 02:56:43 PM
Quote from: 70rag383 on September 03, 2021, 02:03:32 PM
Quote from: 71383bee on September 02, 2021, 03:22:34 PM
Took his and hers out to a local show this weekend.  Other than some complaints from my wife over manual drum brakes and getting caught in a rain storm it was a fun little excursion!
Nice cars! Which one do you enjoy driving the most?

:thinking: That's a great question.  Lately its the rag top as it is the newest for us and a 70 convert is just tough to beat.  It is such a nice pooch of a car but the rally is more "fun"  :burnout:

I think a lot depends on the mood but the convertible always brings a smile to my face.

Yeah I can see it being a tough choice -- a convertible vs a 4-speed. Imagine if the convertible had a 4-speed! I bet the 340 Rallye handles a little better than the 70 vert?

Yeah the 340 car has got better suspension and brakes and is a noticeably firmer ride.  the suspension on the convertible is pretty much shot and will be worked on over the next year. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

71383bee

Had the cars out again this weekend to the Downtown cruise in Kenosha.  My wifes, mine, and my buddy's original paint B2 71 super bee.  Great show.  Over 1,200 cars and the place was hoping.  Real fun time!  Saw alot of real nice cars.  My favorite was a super clean triple white 73 340 rallye like ours parted a few stalls down. Awesome car.   

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

anlauto

You guys are so lucky to have outdoor events like that... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

Changed the oil in the 71 hardtop with the help from my grandson. He wants to drive it so bad. He gets his drivers license Oct 5th. I took him for a ride in it after the oil change. I explained that driving a manual transmission car requires foot coordination not to stall it. I'll take him to an empty parking lot and let him try it. The car belongs to my son who lives in Virginia. He's not thrilled about the grandson learning on his car.
Terry W.