Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Finally pulled the 340 for the rebuild! 

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

cudaragtop

The polishing continues. Rolled it outside to see it in the sunshine.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Katfish

Drove 175 mile round trip to visit daughter.
Averaged 70mph and new motor ran great!

spchallenger340

Did you every follow up on polishing your rear glass ??

YellowThumper

FINALLY..... made time for the Challenger.
Correcting a bunch of little things preparing for Spring Fling.
Oil pressure guage wasn't working.
Adjusted sagging door from worn hinge.
Will rebuild soon.
Adjusted toe in properly. Has been just eyeballed in.
Car is set at ride level compensating for driveway slope.
Tomorrow I will incrementally fill the gas tank with known gallons and program the sender to match.
Lastly will be getting MS to talk to my laptop.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

F8R/T

Back from the painters . Put the trunk torsion bars in and put on the Challenger badges on the fenders. Small start but it's something

Cudajason

I spent a few hours out in the garage changing out the rear leafs in the cuda.

I installed some new Hotchkiss leafs in place of the rearched / dearched stock springs.

Just have to torque everything up and should be good to go!!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Challenger in NC

Got dash assy installed.....finally

Cudajason

Got everything torqued up and dropped her back in the ground today.

She sits right about where it was with the dearched leafs, 25in to the top of the rear wheel well. We will see if it settles.

I am happy with it.

Cleaned up the garage for the next project!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on April 03, 2023, 05:56:26 PM
I think it looks good Jason! :bigthumb:

Thanks Ian.  I am looking forward to rolling it out and getting better pics and seeing how it feels.  I am hoping it rides better, it was pretty stiff before!

jimynick

Quote from: Cudajason on April 05, 2023, 10:51:59 AM
Quote from: jimynick on April 03, 2023, 05:56:26 PM
I think it looks good Jason! :bigthumb:

Thanks Ian.  I am looking forward to rolling it out and getting better pics and seeing how it feels.  I am hoping it rides better, it was pretty stiff before!
LOL! I hear you! Those SS leaves that I've got in mine are also brutal. Good luck with it!  :cheers:

YellowThumper

Wasn't asking.
One cap was way too tight. Cleaned up a burr. All good now.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudamadd

Sorry no pictures  .But drop off the exhaust manifolds to be ceramic coated .And pick up my toque converter. And repaint my power brake booster.  :australia:

jimynick

Today, after a 2 week exercise in frustration, I finally got word that the second of 2 packages that I've been waiting for, for my Challenger, from Dr.Diff had arrived, again, in the Falls and went down and over to pick them up. I've had a US mailbox for over a decade and ordered a new crown and pinion, bearings, seals and eventually a new nodular carrier with the billet caps. Cass took the order as two packages, as I increased my order for the carrier after I found my extra one to be ka-ka, and sent them to my supplied address. Feeling a wee bit apprehensive, I called my mailbox joint only to get a recording and when I Googled them, it said they were permanently closed! WTF?! No notice, email, call, kiss my arse and there I am with the shipment to arrive in 3 days! I got on the internet again and found a new place and I went to the local UPS office only to be told that I needed to call customer service? Whaa? OK. so I called customer service and finally some lady for whom English wasn't her first language assured my that the situation was taken care of and that my parcels would go to my new address. OK. fine. I call the new spot on the delivery day and he says he got "it". Whaa? I get on the phone to UPS and someone in the Philippines (I asked) spent 1/2 hr repeating herself as I tried to understand WTH she was saying, but I hung up assured by her that the situation was in hand. A couple of days later (and no delivery) I called UPS again (somewhere in India?) and was again assured that all was being handled. I asked where the parcal was and was told it was in Niagara Falls, but that I couldn't go to the NF depot and just pick it up?  :looney:  The next day we found out that UPS had sent it back- to Montana but that if Cass were to do something with his daily manifest and something else, we wouldn't have to pay to have it returned! 'and your cheque is in the mail... Finally Cass gets it back and after an email conversation agrees to re-send the diff back, but it'll cost me another $35, which is not even near the $150 he said he was being charged! What to do? I'm between a rock and a hard place. The States is becoming less ans less of a bargain for we Canucks; 20 wings abd a 12oz can of beer with a $4 tip was $32US! Here endeth the sermon, go forth snd use UPS no more!  :unbelievable: