Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaragtop

Diverted some $$$ that could have been car parts/paint job... Happy wife, happy life.  :)

We now have a covered patio. the cover extends 18' and is 44' wide.
The roof panels are double wall acrylic light white.

That's our 6.1 Hemi wrapped in black plastic and my little red HF blast cabinet.
Sure is nice to look out a see a dry patio while it's pouring down raining.  :ohyeah:

Have a patio we can use year round now. Set up a small work area at the far end near the shed.
And scored some good will points for future car $$$.  :perfect10:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

dodj

Got it out in the sun for the first time in 2018. :banana:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benlavigne

Attended the Quebec city Autorama-type start-of-the season show, good contingent of E-Bodies and other Mopars...
Had to do a 150-mile tow in the rain...
Got a second place, good, considering that THE best 71 Challenger ever happened to be at the same show!

Ben

benlavigne

More pics...
Funny, the gentleman who owns the restored T/A was not amused the Nick's Garage Find T/A was getting more attention!

Ben

RUNCHARGER

The 01 is "different". I haven't seen Dave's 71 in person yet but from what I've seen it looks pretty awesome.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 30, 2018, 02:35:26 PM
The 01 is "different". I haven't seen Dave's 71 in person yet but from what I've seen it looks pretty awesome.

I can't believe Dave would have his 71 on display all the way down in Quebec ?  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on April 30, 2018, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 30, 2018, 02:35:26 PM

I can't believe Dave would have his 71 on display all the way down in Quebec ?  :huh:

Dave is friends with JF Launier, a custom car builder, also from BC, who is friends with the promoter and always brings in at least one car as a feature. They all met at the MCACN and Dave's car traveled with JF's for the show, with a weekend in beautiful Quebec city for dave and his wife as a bonus! I was Dave's interpreter for the weekend!

Ben

RUNCHARGER

He's a good guy. He's got some great Mopars too.
Sheldon

djw383

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 27, 2018, 06:39:11 PM
Took a neighborhood kid for a quick ride in it. He's got a Miata and likes to mess with cars, snapping the tires loose at 55mph got his attention!  :Thud:

Thats one of my favorite things to do! Great job!!

djw383

Quote from: Shoooter on April 29, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
had my 5yr old help me install my steering coloum . couldn't have done it without his help. he was pretty happy

Priceless!!!!

jimynick

After wrestling with a broken tensioner and alternator on my old Camry for hours, it was grand to load my 5 year old grandaughter onto her booster seat and take her down to Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone. She wondered when we got back home, if "someone called 911 because we were going so fast"! LOL We weren't, but the noise and acceleration had her grinning and squealing as her ice cream cone bounced off her perfect little schnoz a couple of times. It was her first ride in "grampa's hot rod" and I don't quite know who enjoyed it more.  :)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

gumby

Got my DD gauges today! Woo Hoo! NICE! Look pretty close to original Rallye gauges.
Ordered the Aeromotive stealth tank, wiring, and fuel regulator set up.
One small step closer.

cordodge

Filled up with some 100 octane low lead from airport 2 buck a liter not that bad really, took it for a drive and after I got home the exhaust tips are nice and grey looking, great smell as well.

Brads70

It's in final primer and epoxy primer on the roof. Should be getting vinyl roof  on this week and when Mike is recuperated from his 4th Chemo treatment then it's paint time!  :banana: 

schtick

I leaned on the check valve on my brake booster while working on the fuse box and broke it off with my elbow.And when I went to pop the rest of it out I pushed the broken piece in for the booster. So I had to take the booster off and shake it around to get the peace out. So much fun. Gave me a chance to detail behind the brake booster though. LOL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk