Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

340challconvert

Started going through extra parts I have had for years
Found a manual steering box with the original pitman arm still attached
Took it out of a Challenger RT way back when, at a time I was actually contemplating converting from ps to manual.  Those days are gone!
Cleaned it up;
2537349-2   Date code- F01 05 B
with original pitman arm 2835878

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

superdave

I finally dug the green 318 out of the garage. :banana: It saw sunshine for the first time in probably 25 years (yes, I'm that guy that will fix it up "someday"  :-[ ). Some of it is way worse than I thought, some not as bad. I need to get under it to check the frame rails :wrenching: but the thought of putting it back on the road without a full restoration are almost dead. :crying: It needs the driver side floor and rear passenger but the biggest problem is the driver's quarter... i just don't recall nearly that much gone. :dunno:  Quite a bit of body filler just behind the door. Oh well, onward slowly.

YellowThumper

90 degrees out and needed some cat sand. Yep Challenger time...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

jimynick

Got the old gal out, seeing as how it's the day after our 39th wedding anniversary, and loaded my other old gal (if she sees this I won't need to worry about getting older) in it and we drove out in the country to our friends house just in time for their alfresco family "do"; and the wine and shrimp were dandy! I should've bought a lottery ticket with this kind of day going! :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

73_Cuda_4_Me

:banana:

Congrats on the 39th, jimynick! My better half and I are having our 40th later this month! I'm putting Vintage Air in the Cuda for her anniversary present!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

71-440

Well finally got my baby to the body shop to get the quarter panel repaired. This shop works on a lot of
high end cars and they do custom painting. I gave them the paint codes from the previous owner but that was several years ago that he painted it.
We'll see....
Joe

Cudakiller70

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 13, 2018, 12:42:24 PM

Congrats on the 39th, jimynick! My better half and I are having our 40th later this month! I'm putting Vintage Air in the Cuda for her anniversary present!
Yup that's coming for her too, probably next year. Congratulations on your 40th!

Quote from: jimynick on June 10, 2018, 07:59:04 PM
Got the old gal out, seeing as how it's the day after our 39th wedding anniversary, and loaded my other old gal (if she sees this I won't need to worry about getting older) in it and we drove out in the country to our friends house just in time for their alfresco family "do"; and the wine and shrimp were dandy! I should've bought a lottery ticket with this kind of day going! :cheers:
Took ours out for a cruise too, and now I have a header leak :Thud: congrats on your anniversary. We are 1 Day before you, but only 38 years.

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on June 10, 2018, 07:59:04 PM

Congrats Ian @jimynick ...39 years wow!  The wife and I are celebrating 20 years together on Monday.

I changed out my fan clutch  yesterday...hoping it solves my heat issues.

Jason 
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 13, 2018, 12:42:24 PM

Cool! Both the a/c and the fact that you made it to the 40th! I hope you have many more!  :bigthumb:

YellowThumper

Congratulations on all the anniversaries. Especially since it makes me feel younger as mine is only 30 years now.

Mike

Mike.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Actually it was Father's Day, but still counts. Moved her out to free up the garage for the grandkids in case it was too hot out side. Took a couple pics.

leglhi

Didn't really work on the Cuda today...BUT,ordered a pad and both door glass along with quite a few parts from Dave and dropped all the trim off at the polishers.For me this is huge step forward and gives me hope that maybe this year the car will be on the road again after 8 years  :wowzers: .
If it ain't broke,fix it till it is

YellowThumper

Heavily padded the trunk lid to use it as a table to repair bicycle wheels for my daughter this summer.  :stop:

Mike.

jimynick

Ran it outside, in the drizzling rain, so that I could get the Camry in for Jim and I to repair the exhaust.  :wrenching:  Ran it back in and wiped, dusted it off. There, all safe and sound.