Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

My 14 year old grandson and I installed the gas tank in the 74 Charger with a new fuel sending unit. Getting ready to put the front seat back in the car to make it easier to bleed the brakes. Went to Harbor freight to get some new jack stands with their 25% off coupon.  They told us that the jack stands were remarked this morning from $19.99 to $23.99 and with the coupon made them 18.99. I went to a stack of stands in the aisle where they hadn't changed the price yet from 19.99. They had to let me have them at that old price with 25% off that. The Asst. Manager wasn't thrilled with that but had to honor it when I showed her the sign. :)

318Stroker

Pic of front tire. Will pull car out this weekend for full car pic.

318Stroker

Well, I successfully posted a pic, but why is it sideways?

dodj

Quote from: 318Stroker on December 12, 2019, 04:01:59 PM
I dunno. It happens every now and then. Someone's pic ends up upside down or sideways.

Nice looking boots!  :clapping:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

318Stroker

Thanks! And thanks Yellow Thumper for the tutorial! Weather permitting, I'll post a few pics of the Challenger.

YellowThumper

Quote from: 318Stroker on December 12, 2019, 04:38:07 PM
Thanks! And thanks Yellow Thumper for the tutorial! Weather peritting, I'll post a few pics of the Challenger.
You are welcome. And yes, sideways and upside down pics are unfortunately a norm. Web stuff not keeping up with phone stuff.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Dakota

If you're using an iPhone, take the picture holding the phone with the "home" button to the right.   Any pictures taken with this camera orientation can be directly uploaded to the e-bodies website and look correct on the webpage.

318Stroker

Quote from: Dakota on December 13, 2019, 03:38:32 AM

If you're using an iPhone, take the picture holding the phone with the "home" button to the right.   Any pictures taken with this camera orientation can be directly uploaded to the e-bodies website and look correct on the webpage.

Thanks, but I have an Android.

Mark_B

Today I picked up a set of X4 Cragar SS wheels and tires for $350.  Not too bad.  Looking forward to fitting them in the summer  :)

I gave them a clean up and they're looking good.

GoMangoBoys

Sunday we completed the replacement of the RH spring mount.  A previous owner had really welded in a real nightmare of a patch for the mount.  We cut out the mount, the outboard side of the subframe box and the inner rocker panel.  We then fabricated a new subframe box section and a new inner rocker from 16ga steel.  Then we welded in a new AMD spring mount that I picked up at Summit.

71vert340

Raised the convertible another 1.5" (for a total of 5") so I could slide under the car to check out the transmission leak of gear oil. Sprayed it down with some cleaner. Looks like it leaking around the speedometer cable/gear connection on side of tranny. Probably an o-ring. I'll pull it out and replace it. Also looks like the tail shaft seal is leaking.
Terry

jimynick

Well, I started to tear the old gal down again with an eye to finishing the bodywork and getting it painted in time for son Jim's May wedding. I also started looking at the parts I want to complete it and the li$t just grows and grows. God help me!  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jordan

I finally got to doing a little winter cleaning today.  It was a beautiful 50 degrees in Wisconsin today.  I started and warmed up my Cuda, and pulled it out into the sunshine to enjoy the day.  The car cleaned up nice.  Still need to detail the interior, engine compartment, pull the wheels and clean the chassis.  Simple.  Should take no time at all. :bricks:  Better get it done before working on the motorcycles all winter.

side note:  I'm picking up a different race motorcycle this weekend.  2004 Honda RC51 with full race motor from HRC (honda racing corporation), full race suspension, and nice looking replica Colin Edwards paint job on the fiberglass bodywork.  Hoping for 135hp, the dyno will tell.  I will have some things to freshen up, but look forward to this upcoming racing season. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Blake@diyhemi.com

Cleaned up leaf springs, new shocks, removed old gas tank for a new powder coated tank and sending units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda70-74

1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger