Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

Quote from: jimynick on July 26, 2021, 11:06:57 AM
You know that old Carly Simon song, Anticipation? Well, I've gotten a much better appreciation for it. As mentioned, last Saturday I went out to the shop wanting to see my baby all painted, but when I got there, the painter's dad said he'd gotten his son to help him finish a couple of cars in the shop and that his son was in the booth with my old girl. Coming back a few hours later, thinking it'd all be done by now, they both said it would be "bad luck" to go in the booth to see it! WTF? I've seen literally thousands of cars in paint booths, but suspecting they had something in mind, I said, "OK, see ya Monday" and buggered off. Today I went back to the shop and there she was! Gleamin' black in the hot sun. The first thing I did was run an eye down her now black and shiny flanks and it was a relief to see that I won't have to turn in my bodyman's licence just yet. They'd stripped most of 'er and washed her and even cleaned the 1/2 lb of dust off each wheel! Matt, the owner offered me a job! LOL No thanks. If I don't wield a sanding block for awhile, that'll be alright with me! Now for the 2 days to re-assemble it while trying to not screw up the new paint job. If I could figure out how to post pics here, I'd do so- however..... It continues!  :cheers:
congrats, lets see those pics!

Brads70

You know that old Carly Simon song, Anticipation? Well, I've gotten a much better appreciation for it. As mentioned, last Saturday I went out to the shop wanting to see my baby all painted, but when I got there, the painter's dad said he'd gotten his son to help him finish a couple of cars in the shop and that his son was in the booth with my old girl. Coming back a few hours later, thinking it'd all be done by now, they both said it would be "bad luck" to go in the booth to see it! WTF? I've seen literally thousands of cars in paint booths, but suspecting they had something in mind, I said, "OK, see ya Monday" and buggered off. Today I went back to the shop and there she was! Gleamin' black in the hot sun. The first thing I did was run an eye down her now black and shiny flanks and it was a relief to see that I won't have to turn in my bodyman's licence just yet. They'd stripped most of 'er and washed her and even cleaned the 1/2 lb of dust off each wheel! Matt, the owner offered me a job! LOL No thanks. If I don't wield a sanding block for awhile, that'll be alright with me! Now for the 2 days to re-assemble it while trying to not screw up the new paint job. If I could figure out how to post pics here, I'd do so- however..... It continues!  :cheers:

:banana: Ya can't have a post like that without pictures man! 
:needphotos:

Cuda70-74

Got my rear frame rail out today on the charger
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on July 26, 2021, 11:22:21 AM

:banana: Ya can't have a post like that without pictures man! 

I'm posting on behalf of @jimynick , the guy with picture posting deficiencies.  :pokeeye:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

OHHHHH NICE! Look at that Shine!!! :drooling: Now the mad dash of assembly!

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on August 03, 2021, 07:39:52 PM
OHHHHH NICE! Look at that Shine!!! :drooling: Now the mad dash of assembly!

I thought he was going with flat black  :P :haha: :haha: looks beautiful :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda70-74

Got the rear frame rail welded in.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

YellowThumper

Nice. I have zero desire to step that deep into these cars.
Glad there are those of you that do though.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda70-74

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 04, 2021, 09:14:08 PM
Nice. I have zero desire to step that deep into these cars.
Glad there are those of you that do though.
lol i hear ya. The projects cars are the projection of our pockets
1969 mustang
1968 charger

DeathProofCuda

Cuda70-74

1969 mustang
1968 charger

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on August 05, 2021, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: DeathProofCuda on August 05, 2021, 08:41:01 PM
Quote from: Cuda70-74 on July 26, 2021, 08:25:57 PM

@Cuda70-74 What is holding that car up?
jackstands
Maybe I should have asked what is holding that car together.  There sure looks to be an awful lot of floor in that photo.

Cuda70-74

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on August 06, 2021, 04:02:48 PM
Quote from: Cuda70-74 on August 05, 2021, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: DeathProofCuda on August 05, 2021, 08:41:01 PM
Quote from: Cuda70-74 on July 26, 2021, 08:25:57 PM

@Cuda70-74 What is holding that car up?
jackstands
Maybe I should have asked what is holding that car together.  There sure looks to be an awful lot of floor in that photo.
Just the rear crossmember.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Finished the rear frame rail replacement
1969 mustang
1968 charger

jimynick

I started the re-assembly by taking the frt  lwr valance mldg and trying to make a polyester purse out of that sow's ear. I peeled the rest of the masking tape as well. Then it was over to the parts washer trying to get the schmutz out of the drivers door latch and spent over an hour on that. I also now, remember why folks wear rubber gloves when in the solvent tank, and hopefully, I'll remember again the next time, before I spend that much time in it, again. Dummy! I started to drag down some of the needed parts, but son Nick has stashed that stuff and I'll have to wait for him to unearth it. I also came to the conclusion that I should've bagged the engine compartment right off the bat.  :clueless:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"