Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Hood

I looked at the date today and I remembered going to the Chrysler/Plymouth dealership to ordered my 1973 Cuda.  That was 49 years ago today....September 29, 1972.  I was 18 years old, fresh out of high school working a full time job and had no idea that I would keep this car for a lifetime. That's what I  did with my Mopar today!
Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: Hood on September 29, 2021, 07:26:22 PM
I looked at the date today and I remembered going to the Chrysler/Plymouth dealership to ordered my 1973 Cuda.  That was 49 years ago today....September 29, 1972.  I was 18 years old, fresh out of high school working a full time job and had no idea that I would keep this car for a lifetime. That's what I  did with my Mopar today!

Very cool.  Original owners of their Cuda's are probably pretty rare. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

340challconvert

Welding up the left side quarter panel patch on the A66 vert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

YellowThumper

Hit a local show in SoCal. Had good Ebody representation.
Definitely a rarity here local.
Sorry @cuda hunter all tags were "missing".
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

Wired up all the lights and the windshield wipers today. Got everything tested / working except for the license plate light. By the time I sorted out the windshield wiper parking issue I was "wiped out" lol... LED headlights are so much nicer than the old bulbs, it's amazing. The windshield wipers hadn't worked on this car since 1988.. Movin' on up!

Dakota

jbaha

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

A few of us got together for a run today. The weather was perfect for a southwest Ontario fall day. We had seven cars, six Mopars and no two the same colour. We were like a box of crayons.  :))
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

@blown motor are you guys heading to St Thomas Dragway next Saturday for WOMO's Mopar day ? :burnout:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Didn't know about it. Might be a good idea. Do they have a website?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Got back yesterday from the 'Bend and just had to get the old gal out. Loaded granddaughters in and took them out for some chicken nuggets. We laughed about the time Gracie had an ice cream cone and every time she'd go to take a lick, I'd blip the throttle and she'd bonk herself in the schnozz with it. Evie says it's too loud. Perfect!  :grouphug:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Oct 9 was the 49th anniversary of owning my 70 Cuda, so it was a wash, dry, top up with fuel and stabilizer, put her back in the garage and put the car cover on her for the winter.

70rag383

Quote from: 704406 on October 13, 2021, 01:39:29 PM
Oct 9 was the 49th anniversary of owning my 70 Cuda, so it was a wash, dry, top up with fuel and stabilizer, put her back in the garage and put the car cover on her for the winter.
Hey @704406, what's the weather like in your neck of the woods?  It's been mild here in Toronto and my car is not going away for at least another month.  :canada:

We've had frost he last two mornings, now the forecast is for 4-5 days of heavy rain as much as 40mm on Saturday, so time to let her hibernate  in the garage for now.