Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

I've got harbor freight tarps hanging from the ceiling to create a  booth. Crack overhead door a bit and put a box fan there to create draw. Works decent. Did my son's jeep  in there. Had a few dust nibs in it, so not foolproof but not awful.

Brads70

It got up to 50 degree's here today so....
"I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta from a better vanished time
We'll fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime"
Rush-Red Barchetta

Warmer her up a bit, then put her back to bed.... :('
I want to live somewhere warmer.....

Mark_B

New federal style States Plates on my A66 :).

chargerdon

New Years day will drive my 74 Chally to the first (since covid) noon cruise in at old Highway 57 grille south of raleigh.   With weather expected to hit 65 and sunny im expecting 500 cars.   

I tested pos for covid last tuesday so ill be wearing my mask.   

Brads70

Quote from: chargerdon on December 31, 2022, 08:08:16 AM
New Years day will drive my 74 Chally to the first (since covid) noon cruise in at old Highway 57 grille south of raleigh.   With weather expected to hit 65 and sunny im expecting 500 cars.   

I tested pos for covid last tuesday so ill be wearing my mask.

I'm envious! Not of covid but that you get to take your car out.

71-440

This past week I got the new oil pan and pickup tube installed.
Now have to get the center link back in. I wish I was 20 or 30 years younger. It wouldn't hurt as much getting in an out from under the car...lol
I'm going to clean up the 7 quart pan and pickup and see if I can sell it to help pay for the new one. I'll post it in the parts for sale and maybe put it on E-Bay.

Joe
Joe

FSHTAIL

Pulled the car out of the garage, let her run a bit, disturbed the peace while leaf blowing the garage.   
just doing a little organizing.. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

jimynick

Well, not easily finding any more pooches to be screwed, I dragged the stroker over to my bench and started test fitting the intake after having it sit for months. I had to use a hole punch on the intake bolt holes in the gasket as they impinged on the bolts a wee bit and then I found I didn't have enough Right Stuff, so off to CTC for another. $31+ for 147 grams if you can believe it! Hopefully I can get this thing screwed together before too long and then it's on to my crunchy rear diff. and/or the box of transmission bearings/synchros and gaskets. God give me strength! Neil, you going to be in Canada this winter? LOL  :wrenching:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

At this point I highly doubt I will ever set foot in Canaduh again for any reason ...
The Only reason I can think of is to get my Alberta Passport when Ab separates from Canaduh

jimynick

Sorry to hear that Neil, now what the hell am I going to do with all the root beer?  :bigthumb:  Following my Scottish heritage, today I spent 1/2 an hour digging the hardened Right Stuff out of my old tube- that doesn't sound quite right, eh? :huh: - and actually had enough to bed the intake (hopefully). That stuff reminds me of a tale my gramma used to read to me about Uncle Remus and the Tar Baby. Man, I spent as much time wiping it off everything- and I mean everything- as I did applying? it. Dug out the new fuel pump, painted it out in the gangway so as to not to two-tone the Challenger, and found more parts, including the oh so elusive oil filter adapter gasket set.  Tomorrow I'll touch up the paint on the engine, get the fuel pump in, as well as the oil pump drive gear and hopefully get a distributor at least set in? The boys are talking about coming over on the weekend and helping the old man pull the stock engine. Wish me luck boys!  :cheers:

cudaragtop

Ordered this from Jegs, on sale for $116.59 USD
Sold my HF blast cabinet a couple years ago, thought I was done with it...  :Thud:
Have a number of parts that will get to see the inside of one of these up close and personal.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

blown motor

Giving it the annual grease, inspection and clean up.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Thinking that I'd gotten the oil filter adapter on ok, I then went looking for a torque spec for that swine perforated bolt. None in the FSM, so Google was my friend- really. While reading a thread on FABO, imagine my surprise when one of the posts mentioned the charming fact that Magnum blocks had a wee difference in the height of the boss in the block! Whaa?! SOB! While trying to make a 4" straight edge to measure the height from the adapter face to the internal oil gallery face I finally got my brain into action and dug out the Playdough container, rolled a chunk up, stuck it on the block face and pushing the adapter home, took it off to find there was a .245" gap between them! Yikes! After the requisite amount of swearing, I found that the local CTC store sold Hillman washers. A wee trip out and home with my package of the biggest inner holed ones, in .050" thickness. The problem was that the adapter bolt is 3/4"! Over to my tool box for my step drills and adrilling we will go! It wasn't long before I discovered that my boys had "broken them in" for me and they wouldn't cut your ass if you sat on them! Grrr. Off to Princess Auto for some new chinese junk. Back at the shop and with a lot of shoving, oil and smoke, with the "odd" cuss thrown in, I managed to punch them out to .750" . I thought I was done, but realized that if I shimmed the adapter dead nuts, there'd be no crush to hold the housing tight enough to compress the ring gasket and thereby germinate a leak. Dear Jesus! Anyway, I refitted and put 'er on and listening to others, just snugged the perforated bolt up. It never fails me how molehills turn into mountains with this thing.  :cheers:

blown motor

I pulled the dash pad and the glove box door out of the old Power Wagon for a refresh. Nothing like a few paint fumes while listening to Lynard Skynard's That Smell.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

IMNCARN82

Prepping for cars & coffee if the planets align ...
round tail lights forever !!