Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

jimynick

Loved Murray'a story! For myself, I just decided to pull off those gold anodized valve cover holdowns that're about 6" high. Started in and it seemed to be going ok for the first two and then the handles unscrewed themselves leaving their studs in the head! There was a recommendation from son Nick to try to use needle-nosed pliers to get them out but that dog didn't hunt. Finally my tired old eyes saw what looked like a slot in the end! Could it be? O yea, it sure was an getting the proper screwdriver, I got them all out and replaced with the nice ARP bolts Nick had bought for me to replace the old set-up. Spent a couple more hours cleaning some of the schmutz it got bathed in on the soggy run home from the Ontario Hot Rod tour and remembering how I didn't want it driven in the rain. Oh well, if you don't drive them, why have them has always been my motto, so I'd best just shut up and keep wiping, eh?  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Today I got a fair bit done. Installed front valance with all the goodies  door seals, glass on doors, and body decals. Glass guy is coming in the morning to install  the windshield and the rear glass. I'll  be driving this thing soon! Goal was to drive it to my sons wedding this coming Sunday.  I think I'm  good to go!

IMNCARN82

Ice cream run...
round tail lights forever !!

jimynick

Quote from: Brads70 on July 01, 2024, 06:06:25 PMToday I got a fair bit done. Installed front valance with all the goodies  door seals, glass on doors, and body decals. Glass guy is coming in the morning to install  the windshield and the rear glass. I'll  be driving this thing soon! Goal was to drive it to my sons wedding this coming Sunday.  I think I'm  good to go!

Looks great Brad and congrats on finishing the car on time and, on the upcoming wedding of your son! One of the great milestones in a man's life and I'm sure you're as proud as Punch! Congratulations to your boy and his bride as well!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Brads70

I got the glass all installed today. Polished trim looks really nice. Big effect for a little effort. Also installed the rear window louvers and kick panels and door panels. Just have the rear interior panels and back seat , scuff plates, and reprogram the fan controller and I'm good to go!

RUNCHARGER

Looking good Brad, glad you will get to enjoy the car for part of the season.
Sheldon