Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on June 02, 2024, 04:28:15 PMGot home from the Ontario Hotrod Tour. Four days of cruising eastern Ontario. Some beautiful scenery along the St Lawrence river and the shore of Lake Ontario. 85-90 cars and pickups.
Me too, but the run home, in my totally dusty old gal, was "helped" by the rain that hit before Oshawa, kinda. When I got home (after my $40+ Hwy407 run) I foam washed it in the driveway, twice and enjoyed the way the ceramic coat that son Nick and I applied prior to going, worked. Got out the old Stihl blower and it came right off. Ran it into the garage pretty quick as it started to rain again, She'll get a better going over soon. Gotta go buy some KD as I add up the gas bills.  :bye:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cudaragtop

Some more progress on the 69 Barracuda Rallye Dash with 2016 Challenger Cluster, Mech-less Pioneer single Din stereo and added center AC Vents. A Little Closer to finished... I have a new in box Dash Pad for it.
Hard to tell but there are 3 different blacks... Suede Black Dash Frame, Sem Ultra Trim Satin Black on the bezel where it was originally chrome, and Krylon Fusion, textured satin black on the face where it used to be silver. 3 slightly different shades of black, different textures and different sheens... Poor lighting today, heavy clouds and raining so pretty dark on my patio. Phone flash didn't help much.
Still need to add the silver stripe above the cluster to tie the left and right sides together...
Some silver on the raised circles around the Flasher, Lights and Wiper switch holes too. I have a silver paint pen that might be good for those, and the Trip reset hole depending what function/switch I end up putting there...

Masking off that little fish was a challenge but it worked out. The Script is easily removed and replaced after painting. Was surprised to see copper under the chrome when sanding to rough up the chrome before primer.
I would expect it for a triple chromed bumper but chromed plastic??? I had no idea... "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

YellowThumper

Opened pandoras box of wiring.
Reconnected the supplied pigtails for adding necessary sensors.
Will de-pin unused once they are determined.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.