Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Took my 86 year old Mom for a ride in the 73 today to an an early opening to a BBQ restaurant.
She loved it, even though it was about 95 with no A/C.

While there a coworkers  5 year old son , I had fixed the magneto and carb linkage on his gocart a few months ago and got it blasting around the neighborhood , came up to me and said , " when you die can I have your car ?" Gotta love it !, the honesty.

He is like my 5 year old nephew , who I bought a 440 engine for last year , thank you 303Mopar , who always carries a bag of cars with him where ever they go.

hato

Figured out the problem my brother left a full tank of gas over the winter and didn't add stabilizer drained the tank and new fuel started right up and dad an me took it cruisin

shawge

Starting to customize an overhead console. Put a couple coats of epoxy resin on the cabin side.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: shawge on July 29, 2017, 08:34:11 PM
Starting to customize an overhead console. Put a couple coats of epoxy resin on the cabin side.

That is looking like a nice touch, keep us posted

Quote from: benlavigne on July 29, 2017, 07:03:49 PM
Finally had time to leave the Challenger at my mechanic's for the week (Nick Panaritis, Indy Auto, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxu_85y8YGFQcY11cJGNtA )
Since I bought it in the Spring, it never ran right, with an aging Edelbrock carb, no choke, points... I got a restored AVS with choke from a local expert, new Mopar electronic ignition system with orange box, plugs coil and wires!
The intake was removed and crossover passage cleaned, new 180 thermostat with new housing from Tony's, transmission kickdown inkage adjusted, and he took care of various leaks and noises.... I did not just stand by, I did take the opportunity to clean up the underside a bit while the car was in the air, no lift at home!
Need to get a new fuel line for less connections and relocate the fuel filter farther from the intake/ignition, and next project is stripping/painting the engine and manifolds....
To say that the car runs better is an understatement, I can finally enjoy it at full throttle, before it would just die if I was too quick on the right pedal... One drawback is that since I use it more... enthusiastically, it drinks a bit more, and I actually ran out of gas this morning... Ironically, this is the first old car I've owned that has a working fuel gauge!

Ben

I watched Nick's Garage video of "The Keeper", has it been united with the 70 Challenger yet ?

benlavigne

Quote from: 73440 on July 30, 2017, 10:23:12 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on July 29, 2017, 07:03:49 PM

I watched Nick's Garage video of "The Keeper", has it been united with the 70 Challenger yet ?

He decided to keep the 340-6 in the T/A (It was mostly to get people talking, never really intended to do a Hemi T/A....) He's still looking for a White 70 Challenger to drop the Hemi in...
I did offer my Challenger to hold it for him until he does... ;-)

Ben

benlavigne

Went to the biggest all-makes show in Quebec Sunday, nice early-morning drive with mostly-empty roads, and finally managed to park with another nice 71 R/T, which belongs to elctrical-and-A/C whiz Robert Bazinet, who mostly posts on the FB page. Fun to see two 71's side-by-side, I don't even think there were two of them in Carlisle, except for the Hemi and Six-Pack cars in the building. There are plenty of differences in equipment, his is a 4-speed in FC7. There were 1500+ cars, about 10% Mopars, no other 71 Challengers!

Ben

hawkfn18

Got my trans sorted out it was just over filled!!! I'm road ready now, first time out on the road on Saturday in 14 yrs.   :woohoo:

oldmoparbuff

Quote from: hawkfn18 on August 02, 2017, 10:07:41 AM
Got my trans sorted out it was just over filled!!! I'm road ready now, first time out on the road on Saturday in 14 yrs.   :woohoo:

That has to be a great feeling !

hawkfn18

Quote from: oldmoparbuff on August 02, 2017, 10:12:02 AM
Outstanding.
Glad it was a simple fix.

Yeah here I was thinking the trans was going to have to come out.  I am beyond happy!

hawkfn18

Quote from: 73440 on August 02, 2017, 10:20:38 AM
Quote from: hawkfn18 on August 02, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

That has to be a great feeling !

I can't even explain how happy I was to drive her again.... Have a few carb bugs to work out but that's no big deal. 

YellowThumper

This is how I feel driving mine. Passengers or not.
Let's see if link works

https://ispot.tv/a/7pX9
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dougdel

replaced the leaking heater control valve and the u p s guy delivered my new stage 3 box from firm feel.  maybe this weekend I can get it in   :wrenching:

CudaMoparRay