Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Well, after moving 5 cars/truck out of the way, disconnecting the charger and rolling up the cover, I crawled in the old gal and kicked her into life- always fun with no choke! Backed it out into the sunshine and cool blue skies, loaded mommy up and away we went. I'd thought to find a coffee shop, but it's Easter Sunday and everywhere was closed tighter than a democrat's mind. So we just cruised for an hour and ended up back home thirsty, but happy. Back to sleep with half a tank of gas gone.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Under car, out from under it, repeat repeat repeat.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

I gave it an oil change and checked tire pressure. Ready for cruising season.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cudaragtop

I made a new A-Body Dash Bezel out of an old A-Body Dash Bezel using a 2016 SRT Challenger Gauge Cluster.
I carved up one of my 69 Barracuda Rallye Dash Bezels and grafted in a 2016 Challenger Digital Gauge Cluster.
I used some ABS and J-B Weld plastics to build up the new surround. Lots of test fitting and grinding, sanding, repeat... Now it is just in primer but getting close to a finished product. Still a couple more mods needed for mounting into the dash frame.
This goes with our 6.1 Gen3 Hemi 69 Barracuda Fastback with 8HP70 8-Speed project car.
Cluster wiring harness and programming support is from Sound German Automotive. It is sold as an addon to his PCS (Powertrain Control System) for the 8HP70. We are also using his Paddle Shifter with his hardware and electronics.
Russell Drake (SGA) is local to me, which is a bonus.

It fits!

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

blown motor

YellowThumper

Adaption doesn't get cleaner than that. Very nice.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudaragtop

Quote from: cudaragtop on April 05, 2024, 07:52:57 AMI made a new A-Body Dash Bezel out of an old A-Body Dash Bezel using a 2016 SRT Challenger Gauge Cluster.
I carved up one of my 69 Barracuda Rallye Dash Bezels and grafted in a 2016 Challenger Digital Gauge Cluster.
I used some ABS and J-B Weld plastics to build up the new surround. Lots of test fitting and grinding, sanding, repeat... Now it is just in primer but getting close to a finished product. Still a couple more mods needed for mounting into the dash frame.
This goes with our 6.1 Gen3 Hemi 69 Barracuda Fastback with 8HP70 8-Speed project car.
Cluster wiring harness and programming support is from Sound German Automotive. It is sold as an addon to his PCS (Powertrain Control System) for the 8HP70. We are also using his Paddle Shifter with his hardware and electronics.
Russell Drake (SGA) is local to me, which is a bonus.

It fits!

How it started.

69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Brads70

I stopped by the body shop to see some progress. Block sanding..... lots of it1
Fat fenders back on....

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cudaragtop

69 Barracuda Fastback G3 Hemi 8HP70 8-Speed build.
Next up, How to add Classic Auto Air Controls to a 2017-18 Challenger Console.
Boom! That works for me (y)
A little ABS and some J-B Weld plastic, then sand and fill and prime and some paint.

blown motor

Brads70

@cudaragtop  Nice job , looks great! What paint did you use? Looks to have some texture to it?

cudaragtop

Quote from: Brads70 on April 18, 2024, 01:25:32 PM@cudaragtop  Nice job , looks great! What paint did you use? Looks to have some texture to it?
Thanks Brad, the paint is Eastwoods wrinkle paint. Been on a shelf for quite a while, don't think they make it anymore.