Main Menu

118 PC craftsman tool set $50 Free ship

Started by Cudakiller70, July 18, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

That looks like a decent set. My dad has something similar he keeps in his car. I might have to seriously think about that one.

jimynick

Might be hard to get in Canada since all the Sears stores are closing.  :bye:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

A lot of the Craftsman sets are made in China now , I won't buy.
Although you need a cheap set to use as lending tools and not worried about getting them back .
Also are being sold at Ace Hardware now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_(tools)

Still have my Dad's Craftsman wrenches bought in early 70's around somewhere .

Chryco Psycho

My guess is Craftsman tools will continue with or without Sears , but I figure I have outlived their lifetime warranty , they died before me LOL

Burdar

Sears recently sold the Craftsman brand.  They are still available at Sears stores and others as well.  I actually like my Harbor Freight "Pittsburg" ratchet better than any of my Craftsman ratchets.  It has tighter/smaller teeth and just feels higher quality.  I should go buy a couple more. 

Still, this tool set is a good price for keeping in your car for emergencies.

Solarguy

Stanley Black and Decker owns the Craftsman tool line as of March, 2017

Chryco Psycho

ViperMan

Quote from: Solarguy on July 19, 2017, 07:10:59 AM
Stanley Black and Decker owns the Craftsman tool line as of March, 2017

Fascinating!  I didn't know that.

340challconvert

Looks like a decent set of tools for the price, especially for a trunk set.
I have most of my USA made Craftsman tools I bought in the 1970's and still use.
Also have some Snap on, Mac, and believe it or not, Husky Sockets and ratchets; beat to crap that still are holding up. All made here. I only buy the Chinese crap if I need a specific tool.

Just picked up Made in USA Proto ratchet w a 15 in handle for 62 bucks to use on my torsion bar adjusters.

:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

BIGSHCLUNK

You can now get Craftsman at the local fleet n farm. I have lots of the "older" stuff. Never tried to warty anything at the other stores that carry it now.  :dunno:

MoparJunkie

I recently needed a replacement set of tools (My tools were stolen awhile back  :verymad:) and I didn't want to spend tons of money on snap on or Mac. I also figured my tools will receive mostly light duty (Not used daily for work). So I went to sears and noticed a sale on a lot of tools. I went with the 311 pc set on sale $199 (From $399) and a portable 4 drawer tool box. I got all the tools organized well enough, but I think maybe I should have gotten a smaller set, lol. My tools are portable, but damn they heavy and not something I want to move around all the time, lol. I might just have to lighten the box a bit depending on how much I actually move it.

Anyway now I have a starter kit of tools again, woohoo lol. I do agree craftsman isn't what it used to be but their hand tools I'll buy. Just not their power tools.