Main Menu

Anyone know the best way to ship a fender?

Started by xx88man, April 03, 2018, 12:03:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Does anyone know the most cost-effective and safest way to ship a fender? I'm looking to have it shipped across Canada if it makes a difference. Thanks
Keep yer foot in it

gumby

If you have a Greyhound bus service, or something similar, they should be able to do it. I've had lot's of big, heavy, bulky items shipped this way. Good Luck!

scf100

I shipped a fender from a Model A ( with me) on a plane checking it as oversize luggage!
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Burdar

I shipped a Challenger fender from Iowa to Canada.  The person who purchased the fender made all the arrangements.

I bolted the fender to a large pallet.  I used the regular mounting locations to secure it.  I believe I wrapped it in plastic wrap but I don't know if that's necessary.  The cheapest place the buyer found that was close to me was Yellow Freight.  I dropped it off at their shipping facility and they took it from there. 

JH27N0B

I've heard a lot of people recently talking about using Fastenal for shipping heavy or bulky items.
It has to be strapped to a pallet, but if you have Fastenals by you, ( apparently not all offer this service)  it's worth checking into. Also, if you want a box, check with local body shops, they usually have lots of packaging from panels they've used on jobs, and usually are happy to give one away.

xx88man

Thanks for all of your tips and advice...really appreciate it!   :handshake:
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

We ship them by Greyhound when we can. I can look for a box for you at work if you want.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

xx88man

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 03, 2018, 06:37:56 PM
We ship them by Greyhound when we can. I can look for a box for you at work if you want.

Actually I'm having the fender shipped from the other side of the country to here...thank you for the offer Sheldon.

:bigthumb:
Keep yer foot in it