Main Menu

Tanks Inc. Fuel tanks for fuel injection -Product review-

Started by Brads70, February 02, 2017, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

I haven't confirmed 100% yet but it looks like the supposed genuine "Walbro" pump that "Tanks Inc" supplied with my EFI tank is the cause of my breakdown last week.... I know I lost fuel, whether it was the pump, the regulator failed open or the injector drivers failed.... When I got home from Spring Fling the car fired right up & runs pretty good... I ordered a few fittings so I could hook up my pressure gauge & the fuel pressure is a little low & fluctuates... I think between how it acted when it acted up & seeing the pressure fluctuations I can eliminate ant driver issue which leaves the pump & the regulator... On this unit the regulator is internal but I plan to temporarily plumb is a second regulator, if that stabilizes the pressure I'll leave the pump but I suspect it'll be the pump....

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Brads70 on April 13, 2017, 06:29:20 PM
Looks nice! First thing that jumped out at me is.... that clear line , is it compatible with fuel so it won't break down?

Came with the puck, it better be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 13, 2017, 06:57:38 PM
I haven't confirmed 100% yet but it looks like the supposed genuine "Walbro" pump that "Tanks Inc" supplied with my EFI tank is the cause of my breakdown last week.... I know I lost fuel, whether it was the pump, the regulator failed open or the injector drivers failed.... When I got home from Spring Fling the car fired right up & runs pretty good... I ordered a few fittings so I could hook up my pressure gauge & the fuel pressure is a little low & fluctuates... I think between how it acted when it acted up & seeing the pressure fluctuations I can eliminate ant driver issue which leaves the pump & the regulator... On this unit the regulator is internal but I plan to temporarily plumb is a second regulator, if that stabilizes the pressure I'll leave the pump but I suspect it'll be the pump....

Man that sucks. I have not had the best luck with Walbro, but many have. I went to Aeromotive

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

cataclysm80

I've noticed that when filling up an original tank, if you don't pump the gas really slowly, it sloshes out the fill tube all over the car before the pump shuts off.

Do these new tanks have any features to prevent this from happening, or does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Wild R/T

Nothing different about these tanks as far as filling... I normally have a pretty good idea how much fuel it's gonna take & I listen for the sound of the fuel pouring in to change...

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 14, 2017, 04:29:21 AM

Man that sucks. I have not had the best luck with Walbro, but many have. I went to Aeromotive

I saw the JakeFab puck & Aeromotive stuff after I'd ordered my stuff from Tanks Inc...   Well since when I got home the car has started right up & ran fine I wound up taking it for an extended drive today & as it turns out the pump & regulator are fine.... So is the FiTech unit.....Even thought the car would crank over & start fine as it turns out the alternator was taking a dump & when the voltage hits about 12.0 the FiTech would start acting funny.... I noticed the voltage, wiggled the brush holder on the alternator, voltage came up & the car ran fine all the way home...

Sometimes you've gotta remember the basics....

Crash520

Definitely one thing to remember when fitting EFI to these older cars is ALL your electrics, including charge system MUST be upgraded, as pointed out a slight voltage drop of any kind will start an avelanch of stupid little faults
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 14, 2017, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 14, 2017, 04:29:21 AM

I saw the JakeFab puck & Aeromotive stuff after I'd ordered my stuff from Tanks Inc...   Well since when I got home the car has started right up & ran fine I wound up taking it for an extended drive today & as it turns out the pump & regulator are fine.... So is the FiTech unit.....Even thought the car would crank over & start fine as it turns out the alternator was taking a dump & when the voltage hits about 12.0 the FiTech would start acting funny.... I noticed the voltage, wiggled the brush holder on the alternator, voltage came up & the car ran fine all the way home...

Sometimes you've gotta remember the basics....

It's hard to complain about an easy fix!

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs