Main Menu

Tanks Inc. Fuel tanks for fuel injection -Product review-

Started by Brads70, February 02, 2017, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Wow, super fast shipping! I just ordered some extra gaskets on Wednesday and it was sitting at my door when I got home today! (Friday) Not used to that quick delivery here in Canada!  :unbelievable:

ToxicWolf

The tank we got from Summit is THE Tanks Inc. tank. Summit justs sells it with the pump and stuff included.

Roadman

Just ordered this access door , so we will be cutting an opening in the trunk floor for access. Will post measurements for the cut next week.  Thanks @Brads70  for sending info on this part.  http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=544/category_id=167/mode=prod/prd544.htm

ToxicWolf

Hi Brad,

Mark started cutting for the addition of the door in the trunk floor today.  I took some pictures.  That spare tire part is in the way.  :crying:

The last picture is a cutout the size the door will be.

Brads70

GoodysGotaCuda

Picked up a JakeFab tophat, I'll acquire an Aeromotive pump for my Tanks tank here soon.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

ToxicWolf

The access door came in so Roadman is putting it in.

70chall440

Damn... why didn't I think of that...  :headbang:

Where did you get the access door?
Mopar or no car!!!

Brads70

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 19, 2017, 09:12:43 AM
Damn... why didn't I think of that...  :headbang:

Where did you get the access door?
I have one here too, yet to install it. My trunk floor needs to be replaced at some point so cutting it up now for this doesn't bother me. I might wince a little if it was really nice....

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=544/category_id=167/mode=prod/prd544.htm

Brads70

Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 19, 2017, 06:59:58 AM

Looks great, post up some pictures when you get the tank installed.  :bradsthumb:
I figured I would use panel bond stuff on mine?  I guess pop rivets would work too?

Roadman

Quote from: Brads70 on February 19, 2017, 10:44:18 AM
Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 19, 2017, 06:59:58 AM

Looks great, post up some pictures when you get the tank installed.  :bradsthumb:
I figured I would use panel bond stuff on mine?  I guess pop rivets would work too?
Going to put the tank in tomorrow so we will post pics. The opening has to be slightly left of center based on the way the pump is mounted in the tank. We test mounted the tank 3 times before final cutting. It will be tight but the pump or sending unit will be able to be removed .

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!