Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rocketresto

Please keep a close eye on this thread as I will be posting VIN's on engines and transmissions as we find them.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

bpsmopar

Ben had told me he had a 71 black 6 pack Road Runner. 4spd, black interior.
I don't see it in the auction listing, did it sell? This was a number of years ago.

Cuda Cody

Ben said a lot of things.   ;)  I'll make sure to take a lot of photos when I'm there for everyone.   :takepicture:

Quote from: bpsmopar on June 04, 2017, 08:21:48 AM
Ben had told me he had a 71 black 6 pack Road Runner. 4spd, black interior.
I don't see it in the auction listing, did it sell? This was a number of years ago.

rocketresto

GREAT NEWS!!!  Found the owner of the 727 transmission we found at the Snobar's!  HUGE thanks for Barry Washington for tracking down the owner.  This is now a Hemi engine for a 70 Hemicuda and a 727 trans for a 6 Pack Challenger we have matched up with owners from the Snobar Collection - and keep in mind we haven't really even starting going through engines and transmissions yet.  Registry's work!  @6bblgt and I both run our own registry and it's how we found Hemi owner but the transmission was all Barry.  KEEP AN EYE ON THIS THREAD!  We will be posting all the VIN's we find on everything.

@bpsmopar  Have a 72 340 Road Runner but no 71.

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

RUNCHARGER

Cool news. It's amazing to see drivetrains reunited after all these decades.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

yeah, Tom is certainly doing the right thing.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

This is not the first engine or trans that have been reunited because of Tom.  :yes:  Care to tell us more.    ;)

Quote from: fc7cuda on June 05, 2017, 11:47:54 AM
yeah, Tom is certainly doing the right thing.  :cheers:

cuda hunter

Are the engines and transmissions purchasable from the owners of the vehicles?

Or are you putting them in the auction? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

rocketresto

@cuda hunter So had a long conversation with the auction company and it has been decided that since we have gotten so far with organization and IDing parts that nothing will be sold before the auction.  So if we find your original block or transmission at this point it will have it's own lot and will have to be bid on.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

Had @Cuda Cody and Tyler out today to help with IDing engines and show him the collection, think they were a little overwhelmed.  Cody will be posting some videos and pictures later.  Here are a couple of VIN's of engines and trans we found today.  Will post more tomorrow.

1968 Hemi Block - 8A280329

Big Block 727 - XS29L9B239119

Found several 340's as well but forgot to write down the numbers, will post them tomorrow.  We also found two aluminum race small block engines and two "M" hemi blocks, one still on the original pallet and box!
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

My head is still spinning from all sensory overload.  It was near impossible to take all of it in without having my brain explode.  There is so much stuff I didn't know what to look at....  It was like being at a strip club for the first time.  I just tried to act cool and stayed calm, but I really wanted to run around and touch it all! 

Photos to follow shortly.  Still coming down from the high of seeing all the stuff in person.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Can you imagine how many people around have hoards like that ? :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration