Found @ Ebay.com:
Broadcast Sheet of V-Code Cuda with VIN: BS23V0B274484
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384217788613

Some history of this Cuda:

Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

anlauto

Interesting...we know cars can have multiple sheets, so if you own this car and it already has a nice sheet, would you pay anything close to $1000 to have another.....I certainly wouldn't ....maybe $100 :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

No, in your stated scenario, I'd offer the $1000 to an attorney to pursue the holder on the grounds that he's holding a document to a car I rightfully owned. The challenge would be fun. The results could be ground breaking and precedence setting.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 18, 2022, 08:40:43 AM
No, in your stated scenario, I'd offer the $1000 to an attorney to pursue the holder on the grounds that he's holding a document to a car I rightfully owned. The challenge would be fun. The results could be ground breaking and precedence setting.

It's kind of like finding someone's wallet and trying to sell it back to them.

JH27N0B

I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.  But I'd be shocked if there is any law that says some paperwork related to a car but not with the car when the current owner got it legally belongs to the car's current owner.
The only exception I'd imagine is if the car owner had paperwork stolen and it later was offered for sale.
This is no different than the situation where a #s block or transmission turns up.  Could the cars owner sue to have those parts returned?
Or if an architect or builder retired and found blueprints and records in his files.  It would be nice if he'd track down the houses current owners of the houses the records were for and gave the paperwork back.  But there is no law that he can't sell the owners the blueprints or any liability if he just tossed them into the trash instead.
Here's one to ponder. 30 years ago I found 2 broadcast sheets for a another T/A in my T/A. The then keeper of the T/A registery put the owner of that car in touch with me.  In the goodness of my heart I mailed them to him, didn't even ask for postage.  But even though they were records for another car, they came with my car when my car rolled off the assembly line.  So who should own those sheets?  Me, because they originally came with my car? Or the owner of the car the sheets were for? 
I did an OE resto of the car, to make it like it was when it rolled off the line.  But without those sheets, it's a flawed restoration isn't it?  Maybe I need to hire a lawyer and get them back.  :huh:

7E-Bodies

To reiterate, my comments were based on a stated scenario, being I already had a good bc sheet. Secondly, it's my opinion that anyone that found themselves in possession of said document(s) that were specific to a vehicle lawfully owned and licensed by another person may be opening themselves up to legal ramifications were they to be void of the human decency of supplying such to the proven owner of the car for shipping costs at the very most, but that's me. Again, in my opinion, selling these documents on eBay or elsewhere (before trying to seek out a lawful owner) is barely a step above the cockroachery of selling vin tags, titles, fender tags and other stampings. Different legal issues, but both greed based and not something I'd do. As someone that just cut a check yesterday at $1,000 for a #@&King "proper" 1970 alternator that loves a good fight over principal and that'd gladly hand deliver that build sheet for free, I thought I'd weigh in. Just me.

7E-Bodies

There'd also be the option of printing out the broadcast sheet from the add, and sending the guy a thank you note for not blanking out everything under line 1. Not too smart on the ransom seeker's part. We'd then be negotiating at a digit or two less.

JH27N0B

Opinion and law are two different things.
If I could sue for opinion, our governor's billions would soon be mine as I think I should be able to sue him for his part in making this state unlivable. How far do you think I will get with that lawsuit?
Several years after I mailed my broadcast sheets to the owner of the car they documented, my Mr Norms sales envelope turned up.  I thought it was good karma at first until the guy who had it wanted a fair amount of money for it.
I eventually relented and bought it.
It was for my car, should he have gave it away to me? He spent a lot of time sorting out a big mess of thousands of records, he no doubt paid Mr Norm for them or together formed a business venture. So he didn't "owe" it to hobbyists to put all that time and money into getting them back to car owners I don't think.
So instead of a ripoff, I should think of it as a win-win.  He made a profit, I got my documents. And my car is more valuable now with that documentation.

anlauto

Wouldn't it be funny if the sheet that is with the car, and the sheet that is for sale, were indeed for the same car, but they were not the same  ???? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

7E-Bodies

That's kind of why I may not have mentioned "costs incurred". Different branch of the tree entirely.

HP_Cuda

I think it's pretty low to ask for money for something that should go with the car.

But hey never underestimate folks in Mopar land to nickle and dime you.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

JH27N0B

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on August 19, 2022, 12:12:28 PM

I think it's pretty low to ask for money for something that should go with the car.

But hey never underestimate folks in Mopar land to nickle and dime you.

Never underestimate the value an original broadcast sheet will give to a car the does not have one....$1000 is a small price to pay if you own the car without a sheet...Being a V-Code it could add thousands of dollars to the value. :alan2cents:

JH27N0B

The listings for when it was sold at North Shore classics and at Mecum a couple years later mention a broadcast sheet.  So this one advertised would be another copy of it and presumably of little value to the current owner.
Neither my T/A , my convertible or my V code have their broadcast sheets. Not sure what I would pay if one turned up.  Not $1000.  Maybe $500?  I have all the sales paperwork for the T/A so it's bcs would mostly just be a novelty if it came my way, and would be worth less to me than one for the other cars.
I doubt any will ever turn up so I won't worry about it!

6bblgt

I see both sides of the "coin" - if this is an additional broadcast sheet it has little value - if the car does NOT have a broadcast sheet, surely that fact has been negotiated into a (discounted?) purchase price at some point - maybe the $1000 is just for advertising to get our attention & avoid a sale to an opportunist wanting to hold the sheet "hostage"

:huh:  if you don't own it, how do "WE" know the "seller's" intent