Main Menu

Lipstick on a PIG ! UPDATE

Started by anlauto, October 07, 2017, 07:30:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on October 07, 2017, 03:14:03 PM
Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 07, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

All I can say is that I have not seen this many 1970 Cuda projects pop up at the same time on Ebay EVER!

Something is going on....

I thought the same thing...    :ebay:

And lots of them don't list the fender tag.  I've asked about several lately.  Always looking for that M46. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

340challconvert

Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 07, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

All I can say is that I have not seen this many 1970 Cuda projects pop up at the same time on Ebay EVER!

Something is going on....
A lot of Cuda and Challenger projects are popping up lately.
I think the "restore it some day crowd" is either aging out and realize that they will never restore the car or just getting too old to work on them. Project cars seem to coming out all over after sitting in a "barn" somewhere for a long time.
It also cost money to do up a car unless you have the skills to do some or all of work.
Just my thoughts!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

RUNCHARGER

I'm sure that VIN will live again.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70 Challenger Lover

I'm surprised there are no takers. There are enough parts on that car that it might be worth it to part it out. If it were closer and I could go inspect it, I'd be thinking about parting out the hood, those 71 fenders, the rear end, heater box, 4 speed pedals, the roof, maybe doors, the decklid, and the wheels. All those things have value if they are still in useable condition.

The car is not really a car anymore without its VIN plate. Even if you had a new VIN made, you would want to check that number nationwide to ensure it wasn't already put onto a new body and registered. I wouldn't even consider trying to get that car registered until after I did some research on what became of the original number.

Crocha617

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on October 17, 2017, 02:20:29 AM
I'm surprised there are no takers. There are enough parts on that car that it might be worth it to part it out. If it were closer and I could go inspect it, I'd be thinking about parting out the hood, those 71 fenders, the rear end, heater box, 4 speed pedals, the roof, maybe doors, the decklid, and the wheels. All those things have value if they are still in useable condition.

The car is not really a car anymore without its VIN plate. Even if you had a new VIN made, you would want to check that number nationwide to ensure it wasn't already put onto a new body and registered. I wouldn't even consider trying to get that car registered until after I did some research on what became of the original number.

The fenders are garbage. I doubt the doors and deck lid are any better.  Someone close by will buy it eventually though.

RzeroB

Like the paint, I suspect that the vinyl was laid on the roof to hid just how bad it is.  :vipermanhiding:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

70 Challenger Lover

Yeah there's a very good chance that nothing is useable on that car but it's hard to be certain until you inspect it in person. I am restoring a 70 Challenger now that was every bit as badly rusted as that car if not worse. Some areas turned out to be worse than I thought. Other areas turned out to be perfect.

This car just got reduced to $1950. If I was in that area, I'd make the drive to see what might be salvageable. A person who did that might just trailer that load of junk away for a $1000 as the seller seems interested in being rid of it.

anlauto

I'd buy that for $2000 all day long ! :takemymoney:

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

wldgtx

"From reviewing the car I noticed that in needs but not limited to : (Rocker panels looked ok to me ) needs floor pans front to back, frame rails, cow section, trunk pan, trunk deck, trunk rim, tail panel, bumper filler panel ,quarter panels, engine cradle, radiator support frame and fenders should be changed as well. Firewall looks ok to me. No motor, no transmission. "

:rofl:
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

anlauto

I meant if I was local....for me it would cost more to ship it then I would pay for it  :drunk:

RzeroB

It would probably make a good "training device" fore someone to teach, or learn, how to to metal work ... by the time they got done with this one they'd be an expert!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)