Main Menu

What do you think of this V-Code Challenger?

Started by Cuda Cody, July 29, 2017, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Over on the Facebook group there's a big discussion about this 1970 Challenger 440+6 that is for sale $65k.  Owner has some pretty big claims that don't seem to line up with the photos.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/d/challenger/6238474064.html

I see a few things that make me think it's not what he says.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ebodies/permalink/1632037163508446/

"1970 V-Code 440 Six-Pack Challenger
4 Speed Dana 60 Rear end.
Number matching Transmission/Rearend
Has period correct HP block. 906 Heads
Correct Dampener ,steel crank and six-pack rods.
Original six pack set up on the car.
Only serious buyers only don't have time for Day dreamers,NO Trades. This is the real deal. I drive this car every nice weekend it's no trailer queen does show some wear and has some petina. The car was authenticated by Mark Workman of Graveyard cars last year at a show.
This car isn't perfect by any means as it's never been restored. It's had paint repair somewhere during its life.
The interior is in very good shape no cracks in the dash pad headliner is perfect along with the seats. Carpet is a little faded.
The Ralley gauge package will need to be sent out and rebuilt as they all do over time they quit working.
I've owned the car for 3 years and have driven the wheels off of it.
I'm not forced to sell it so if you want to low ball me don't waste my time.
I also don't need help selling it.
If your middle man broker don't.I don't have time for games.
The only reason this car is up for sale is because I have a chance to buy a Hemi Car."

Chryco Psycho

Not on facebook so I cannot see that
My car also had what appears to be the wrong fender on the  right side  may have been hit in that corner early on
looks like both fenders were changed on that one .

Real V code 4 spd dana in the right color , love the Bee stripe over the long stripe too  :bigthumb:
Thinking abut buying it ?

mopargem

Cuda Cody

He makes a lot of claims that do not seem to add up.  Both inner fenders look to have been replaced and the hood hinges are for 72+.  There's probable more metal work done to that car then most restorations.  He's claiming it's original and not restored but with a bit of paint work?   :dunno:

750-h2

Maybe it was never restored but definitely not all original paint and at the very least the rh fender was replaced at one time. Not really a big deal as I do not think the seller is claiming it to be a Survivor.

6bblgt

non-numbers low option "driver" $65K is too much  :alan2cents: more like $45K

wrong inner fenders
wrong fenders
wrong valve covers
wrong master cylinder
wrong air cleaner
wrong exhaust manifolds

poor vinyl top

it may be real, but improving it is going to cost a bunch of money! :bricks:

Roadman

But, but, but wait.    :stop: :stop:   Hello.,,  Mark Worman.    :banana:  I mean, don't get better than that.   :veryexcited:  :haha:

RUNCHARGER

It looks like it was really neat when it left the factory. I agree $65k is too much for what it needs IMO. For less money a fellow could just enjoy it as is but for $65k it has to be more correct.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Roadman on July 29, 2017, 11:53:42 AM
      But, but, but wait.    :stop: :stop:   Hello.,,  Mark Worman.    :banana:  I mean, don't get better than that.   :veryexcited:  :haha:
No nut he claims it was certified by Mark Workman not Worman

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

anlauto

I don't think $55K-$65K is a bad price for this car, it's just that there might be better ones out there and he hasn't described it accurately, however in his defence....that' could be what he was told when he bought it  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

manycj

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 29, 2017, 11:51:19 AM
non-numbers low option "driver" $65K is too much  :alan2cents: more like $45K

Having Mark Worman pose next to it adds $20K in value, don't you know.  ;)
<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

RUNCHARGER

I agree: The $10k price drop puts into a more realistic spot. I can see it selling now. I still would just drive the wheels off of it and just fix what little things I could at that buy in.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

The owner contacted me on Facebook and thanked me for helping point out some things on his car.  He must had made the price adjustment when he learned more about his vehicle.  He seems like he's trying to be fair and adjusted  the price to where it should be for what it is.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: His ad seems honest enough describing the car. So if he was misinformed I can see that all happening.
Sheldon