Main Menu

Battery Cable ...recommendation

Started by chargerdon, July 28, 2021, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Montclaire on August 08, 2021, 08:35:48 PM
Make sure you ask if they use copper or aluminum cable.  A lot of the repop cables are aluminum these days.
Are you sure about that?  Cooper wire may be 'tinned' silver. But you are right,  aluminium starter wire would suck. And corrode.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

chargerdon

I ended up buying the "correct" cable from classicauto-partsrestoration thru ebay.  (https://www.ebay.com/itm/333757998418) It fit perfectly and looks great.   I had given then an offer which they countered and it cost me $62.68 plus $9.93 shipping and $5.26 tax for total of $77.87.    It is real copper and seems to be of "heavy enough" gauge everywhere.   Engine definitely cranks faster now !! 

I would recommend at that price compared to the ones on Classic Industries or elswhere.   It came in fast so good company. 

Montclaire

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoMangoBoys

This thread was helpful to me as well.  I just bought the same cable assembly from ebay as in the posts by @Montclaire  and @chargerdon.  I did not install it yet, but it looks nice.  I also picked up a negative cable from the same seller.