Main Menu

Wiring Harness Black Wrap

Started by Daveh, September 07, 2018, 06:47:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi Again guys,

As you know I'm working on my wiring harness and here's my next question.  When moving some of the smaller harnesses to the new harness I had to remove some of the black wrap.  I call it wrap because it's not sticky and came right off with no issues.  I don't want to use electrical tape because it is so sticky.

What do you all use that's like the original non sticky black wrap?  Thanks

Burdar

When it was new it probably WAS sticky.  I just use electrical tape.  You can get cloth tape at the hardware store but it's going to be sticky as well.

Daveh

Hard to believe that the sticky went away over time it usually just gets worse.   :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

It's called harness wrap, any good restoration shop will carry it. It was non sticky when new, that is why it was tied at the end. Using electrical tape on a harness just makes for a heck of a mess.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 07, 2018, 07:25:12 AM
It's called harness wrap, any good restoration shop will carry it. It was non sticky when new, that is why it was tied at the end. Using electrical tape on a harness just makes for a heck of a mess.

:iagree: You can find it anywhere, it's all over eBay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GM-Non-Adhesive-Wire-Harness-Wrapping-Tape-Individual-Roll-1-1-4-x-100-ft/271230176661?hash=item3f26940d95:g:NgwAAOSwvg9XVinC
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

Shane Kelley

@MoparDave carries it at Roseville Moparts.  That's where I got the last couple rolls I used. I think the reason for the non sticky stuff is because it makes the harness more flexible allowing the wires to slip in the tape when curving around things. If you use regular tape it makes the harness all stiff. That's just my opinion.

MoparDave

The wrap had no adhesive.  I am out of stock but we source that from Evans wiring. Bill can ship just a roll of wrap.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Dakota

I bought some harness tape from Evans Wiring and have been very happy with it.   As noted above, there's no adhesive involved.   My approach to keeping the tape from unraveling was to stretch it a bit and keep the tape pulled tight for the last couple of wraps. Seems to have worked fine.

Daveh

Thanks I found some on Amazon that I bought with great reviews and didn't break the piggy bank.  I'll give it a whirl.

Sorry Dave I didn't even think of getting it from you.  Thanks