Main Menu

Reproduction Main Wiring Harness Availability

Started by erik70rt, December 19, 2023, 06:47:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Does anyone make a correct reproduction main wiring harness for a 70 Challenger with rallye gauges and a power convertible top? 

Or will I have to modify one?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: erik70rt on December 19, 2023, 06:47:34 AMDoes anyone make a correct reproduction main wiring harness for a 70 Challenger with rallye gauges and a power convertible top? 

Or will I have to modify one?

Year one use to have the exclusive rights to one of the manufactures of wire harnesses. I picked one up on one of their 30% sales and it was worth the money. Not sure what is available besides Year One as I have been sidelined from the car market for a while. Hopefully this helps a little and some other recommendations will become available with other members.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:   H&H makes the best ones and they are sold by Year One.  Not sure if Dave at Roseville can get them or not.  But H&H is the one you want.

mk

Megaparts sells the M&H harnesses ...... great guys to deal with !

anlauto

The power convertible top harness is a separate piece, you would need to save your old one. There is a guy on eBay that makes them if you don't have one.
The main dash harness from M&H are available just about anywhere now...I recently got a couple from Classic Industries :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

I bought a bunch of M&H harnesses through Year One maybe 8 years ago.  I had to wait maybe 6 months for them all to be delivered, so don't be surprised if they take a while to receive. They were well made, and most importantly (at least for me) was that the wire colors precisely  matched the wiring diagram I was using. There may be others sources available now but you won't go wrong with M&H.

Skdmark

M&H for dash harness available at Year One and Megaparts. Posibly other places now. Year One was exclusive for a long time with them.

Power top harness try Tommy at Parts Hound.
https://www.partshound.net/product/new-convertible-power-top-dash-harness-70-71-cudachallenger/

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on December 19, 2023, 11:57:02 AMThe power convertible top harness is a separate piece, you would need to save your old one. There is a guy on eBay that makes them if you don't have one.
The main dash harness from M&H are available just about anywhere now...I recently got a couple from Classic Industries :twothumbsup:

I have the power top harness. I was mainly concerned with the power top switch.  Is that unique or will any main harness fit for that?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: erik70rt on December 20, 2023, 05:03:53 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 19, 2023, 11:57:02 AMThe power convertible top harness is a separate piece, you would need to save your old one. There is a guy on eBay that makes them if you don't have one.

I have the power top harness. I was mainly concerned with the power top switch.  Is that unique or will any main harness fit for that?

I am going out on a limb as I am not near my vert, but If memory is correct, the wiring for the verts are totally separate, similar to road lights on the Cudas. It was cost effective to have an add on harness versus building an entire harness for a specialty/small run of products.

anlauto

Quote from: erik70rt on December 20, 2023, 05:03:53 AM

As mentioned the PT harness is separate therefore yes any main harness will work.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1970Cuda

I purchased the M&H Electric Fabricators Inc. dash harness and I believe it is technically for the 1971 - 1973 E-body. It still will work for the 1970, with a very minor modification for the horn relay, which was included in the purchase. And on the website it is listed as a 1970.

From the website: NOTE: The fusebox supplied with this harness is the 1971-1973 type. ... The appropriate horn relay is included with this fusebox.