Main Menu

AC water control valve

Started by soundcontrol, August 04, 2020, 02:10:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

Yes, there are reproductions out there that aren't to expensive. most of them work decent too.

I have discovered, the throw length on their lever is somewhat different from stock and my original and then reproduction heater valve cable did not get full cold-hot travel on the control head when attached to the repop valve. You can offset it to one side or the other, or modify the cable.

soundcontrol

Quote from: HP2 on August 06, 2020, 02:00:20 PM
Yes, there are reproductions out there that aren't to expensive. most of them work decent too.

I have discovered, the throw length on their lever is somewhat different from stock and my original and then reproduction heater valve cable did not get full cold-hot travel on the control head when attached to the repop valve. You can offset it to one side or the other, or modify the cable.

Thanks, I'll check that when I get it.

soundcontrol

Wow, got a package from RockAuto today, with the brackets I ordered, not the valve yet.
But 5 days to Sweden, thats the fastest shipping I ever experienced!
And no custom fees or sales tax added! :)

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Scooter

Quote from: soundcontrol on August 11, 2020, 02:03:04 AM
Wow, got a package from RockAuto today, with the brackets I ordered, not the valve yet.
But 5 days to Sweden, thats the fastest shipping I ever experienced!
And no custom fees or sales tax added! :)

The other half of the order is probably on a slow boat making it's way around the Cape of Good Hope.....  ;)

soundcontrol

Quote from: Scooter on August 11, 2020, 11:15:13 AM

The other half of the order is probably on a slow boat making it's way around the Cape of Good Hope.....  ;)

Yeah, and thats the part I needed.  :haha:
The brackets are for the future restoration.