Main Menu

Argh! Oil leak

Started by blown motor, November 20, 2017, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudabob496

gets stolen? that's a good sign!!!

Label should say, "So good, it's regularly stolen right off the shelf"
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

I put about 1/2 a bottle of the AT-205 in along with Lucas PS fluid. Drove about 10 miles on curvey back roads to work the steering.
Only one drop of fluid dropped to the cardboard on the floor.!
Slight seepage along the bottom was noted this morning but after 16 hours fluid level is still good !
May add additional AT-205.
Putting more mies on may stop the slight seepage .

Thank you @cudabob496 for the info.

cudabob496

I think you have to ratio it, so that you add one bottle
per 6 quarts of oil, fluid, etc.
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

blown motor

Quote from: 73440 on January 01, 2018, 07:01:48 AM
I put about 1/2 a bottle of the AT-205 in along with Lucas PS fluid. Drove about 10 miles on curvey back roads to work the steering.
Only one drop of fluid dropped to the cardboard on the floor.!
Slight seepage along the bottom was noted this morning but after 16 hours fluid level is still good !
May add additional AT-205.
Putting more mies on may stop the slight seepage .

Thank you @cudabob496 for the info.

How many drops would you have seen before you added it?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

It would have emptied completely overnight.
Still no leaks, very very slight seepage, at about 24 hrs, so far so good , very satisfied.!
Have started the car a few times today while trying to resolve a non charging issue, so the fluid has been circulating.

10 days since using the AT-205 in the PS pump and NO leakage!
Will definetly try it in other places.
25 miles driven.

blown motor

Interesting. I can't help but wonder though that if it plugs up small leaks, how does it not plug up passages where you want the oil to go.

I think what it is supposed to be doing is swelling or rejuvenate any seals to stop the leak.
I may take an old seal and submerge it in some of this product and see what it does to it.

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 16, 2018, 07:33:27 PM
Interesting. I can't help but wonder though that if it plugs up small leaks, how does it not plug up passages where you want the oil to go.

How did yours do while down in Florida? Lose much oil?

blown motor

No it didn't @Brads70 . I started it here and let it run a couple minutes before loading it. I unloaded it three times down there and there were no oil spots on the trailer floor. I got home at night and unloaded it the next morning so everything was really cold. It left a puddle on the trailer floor. The day I started this thread was a cold day and I had started the car to move it in the shed. So it seams that when it's very cold something is not sealing.  :dunno:

Jim AAR

Quote from: blown motor on January 17, 2018, 06:13:01 AM
No it didn't @Brads70 . I started it here and let it run a couple minutes before loading it. I unloaded it three times down there and there were no oil spots on the trailer floor. I got home at night and unloaded it the next morning so everything was really cold. It left a puddle on the trailer floor. The day I started this thread was a cold day and I had started the car to move it in the shed. So it seams that when it's very cold something is not sealing.  :dunno:

Must be a rubber seal somewhere, rubber expands with heat and shrinks with cold.....  :alan2cents:

cudabob496

Quote from: blown motor on January 16, 2018, 07:33:27 PM

It swells seals. If its just a passage, it would have no effect on oil flow..

cudabob496

Quote from: 73440 on January 16, 2018, 08:16:57 PM
I think what it is supposed to be doing is swelling or rejuvenate any seals to stop the leak.
I may take an old seal and submerge it in some of this product and see what it does to it.

I just ordered my 4th bottle, for other cars I have.

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 17, 2018, 06:13:01 AM

:D

cudabob496

LOL

This stuff also seems to be decreasing my valve cover oil seepage. It could also
be helping to minimize oil leakage past the intake manifold gaskets into the intake!