Main Menu

Argh! Oil leak

Started by blown motor, November 20, 2017, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Burdar on December 20, 2017, 07:35:14 AM
A nice winter project would be to pull the engine/trans and re-gasket everything.  Sometimes this can snowball into a lot larger project so be careful.  (You don't want to put a nicely painted engine back into a dirty engine bay and before you know it, the entire car is torn apart exc...)
:haha:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Roadman

Quote from: jimynick on December 20, 2017, 03:02:40 PM
Bring that old hunk o junk over to the garage and we'll pull the engine/trans and you can take them and the car back home to play with. And it'll only cost you the beer- how's that for a Christmas present?  :D

You obviously don't know how much beer Murray can drink.   :drinkingbud: :pokeeye:

cudabob496

72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

blown motor

Bring that old hunk o junk over to the garage and we'll pull the engine/trans and you can take them and the car back home to play with. And it'll only cost you the beer- how's that for a Christmas present?  :D

You can barely get your car in the garage and you own the joint. How are we going to get mine in there?
And at least my hunk of junk has paint!  :Stirring:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Quote from: cudabob496 on December 20, 2017, 04:03:11 PM
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=120975.0

Check out the 101 product reviews

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atp-at205/reviews/

The reviews are good but who posts bad reviews? Further to that, the reviews seem to be dealing with older engines. Mine was rebuilt 5 years ago, maybe 15,000 miles.The seals should still be good, not?

Chryco Psycho

5 years should be fine especially as you drive it regularly

blown motor

Well that's kind of what I thought.

Burdar

QuoteI'm not a "pull the engine and transmission" type of guy. Have never done that which means "it kind of scares me because I've never done it".

You're a farmer right?  Farmers are some of the most ingenuitive people on the planet.  I don't see this as being a problem for you.  :cheers:

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on December 20, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

You can barely get your car in the garage and you own the joint. How are we going to get mine in there?
And at least my hunk of junk has paint!  :Stirring:
OH, sharper than a serpents tooth, you are! Well Mr Wisenheimer, we'll push my "unpainted" junk out the back door to let YOUR painted junk in the front! As a "gentleman" farmer, you should be more sensitive regarding hurting other's feelings! I may get PTSD from your nasty comments, so send money and we'll talk.  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

cudabob496

Quote from: blown motor on December 20, 2017, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: cudabob496 on December 20, 2017, 04:03:11 PM
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=120975.0

Check out the 101 product reviews

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atp-at205/reviews/

The reviews are good but who posts bad reviews? Further to that, the reviews seem to be dealing with older engines. Mine was rebuilt 5 years ago, maybe 15,000 miles.The seals should still be good, not?

That's the most positive reviews I've seen on a product. Actually there are many negative reviews on products when they deserve it, as I buy a lot from Summit. Yes, seals "should" be good, unless there is some kinda defect, or incorrect installation, in which case it may or may not help.  I'm gonna try it in my Trans Am also, as there is an oil leak that no one can seem to find. Its only $10 a bottle. Will also probably put it in my Cuda tranny as well, as I have a small leak.
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

Planning to buy AT-205 tomorrow to try in the power steering pump which leaks, have another pump if that doesn't stop the leak.

blown motor

Let us know how it works.

cudabob496

Quote from: blown motor on December 30, 2017, 06:56:19 AM
Let us know how it works.

I've already put it in my Cuda engine and tranny, and Firebird engine.
Will take cars out soon as weather gets nicer. I have a finned tranny pan
on the Cuda, and there are always little drops of tranny fluid on the fins.

My lawyer tells me I am not libel if everyone's car on this site blows up, because
of my recommendation!

Bought the AT-205 today, Advance Auto actually keeps it in the back room not on the shelf , gets stolen.
Will work on it tomorrow.