Main Menu

Dana 60 identification

Started by cuda hunter, June 13, 2020, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I"m pretty sure by the numbers on this axle tube this is a 69-71 410 geared dana 60.
Can someone please confirm this.
Also, the date code is 2 9 C2     

Any info on this unit appreciated.   As well as an estimated value.

It was removed from a fc7 RT/SE 1970.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

You're not seeing the number in front of the 2. 

It would be MONTH (not easy to see, but maybe 8 or 9?)   -  2 is the day   -   9 is 1969.

E-body Dana Codes:
603080-1, -2, -4  =  3.54 with Power Lock (Track Pack)
603080-3, -5 = 4.10 Power Lock (Super Track Pack)

cuda hunter

Now that you have pointed it out I can see there is an 8, maybe a 9.  Looks more like an 8 though.

Thanks! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

belongs in my car LOL
FC7 R/T SE 4 spd built sept 2

cuda hunter

Well it's gonna go in my V 4 speed built october 9th.  Mine has the 354 on the tag, but a 410 will work just fine.  Unless a correct date 354 comes along. 

Chryco Psycho

Katfish

Value is hard to judge, I was lucky to find an E-body Dana in the 90's for $300.
Then spent another $1k getting the gears changed 10 years later.

6bblgt

expensive & that little green plug is made of unobtanium  :bigthumb:

there should also be a second date stamping  :takealook:

Cuda Cody

I've never seen that green plug in person.  I've seen photos, but they are nearly impossible to find.

6bblgt

I had this one  :rubeyes:

cuda hunter

That plug appears to screw in.   Is that how I should try to remove it?  By unscrewing it?  Or would I be prying it out?
I definitely don't want to damage it. 

cuda hunter

From what I can find, it appears the dana in this condition would be a 2K purchase.  Maybe 2500. 

Does that sound appropriate?  Trying to determine a fair price to purchase this for. 

6bblgt

I haven't heard a reason WHY? it is there - but this one came out of a '70 B-body 4.10 DANA60

this one got hot and melted (at some point, I don't think it was intentional) but I believe they are just pressed in

Cuda Cody

I think $2k is the going rate.  I would prefer to pay $1,500 to $1,800 for it. 

cuda hunter

This dana has the brake backing plates but no brakes.  They were removed. 
It does have the original springs and u bolts.

Any value in those items?

Is there a date on the leaf springs?