Main Menu

Fitech dual quad efi

Started by dave73, December 09, 2018, 06:41:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Anyone use the fitech dual quad efi system? Looks interesting, wondering how it'd work on top of a tunnel ram on my 512...

RUNCHARGER

It'll work fine. I installed this one a 572.
Sheldon

dave73

did you go with the 625hp or 1200hp unit?

RUNCHARGER

1200: This engine dynoed at 797 (well I don't think it really did but that's what Indy said it did). We initially had problems and couldn't run the advance curve through the Fitech. We sent it back and it worked after that.
It's a long story but we had a bit of a time getting it to idle and finally found out that Indy had installed a totally different camshaft than what they said they did. I then changed the camshaft to a 650 lift solid roller (which I can't remember the .050 now) and then it idled. Then after sending the unit back we got the spark advance to work correctly as well.
Then Greg dropped a valve in it and when I took the heads to my cylinder head guy we found Indy didn't install the correct valve springs either. Not related to the Fitech but this thing fought us for quite awhile due to incorrect parts and installation from Indy and the slight problem with the Fitech.
I would run a Fitech again, however I would also run an MSD or an Edelbrock too. My son beats the heck out of the MSD one in his Rock Climber and the Edelbrock one on his Cobra with no issues whatsoever.
Sheldon