Started by Cudajason, May 02, 2021, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Fired up the old girl today. 

Not sure what make of the sound.

Seems worse on the pass side.

Thoughts?
Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

Exhaust leak? Does it change when you rev it up?

Mrbill426

Sounds like an exhaust leak from here.

IRON MAN

Hopefully it is not a lifter. As said, probably an exhaust leak.

Cudajason

I tightened all the exhaust bolts. I did have the headpipes off, so it could be that.

Here is a video of it reving up.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Jay Bee

Sounds like you got it  :bigthumb: .
Last time my car developed a "ticking" noise it turned out to be a worn thrust bearing.

70Barracuda

Heard a new to me way to check for exhaust leaks.  Shop vac in blowing mode taped to tailpipe, spray soapy water all over headers and such.
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

Mrbill426

anlauto

Did you end up using those Moroso valve cover gaskets, or source another brand ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 03, 2021, 09:13:04 AM
Seems quieter  :yes:

Yeah @Mrbill426 I think so.  I guess I will drive it and see what happens.

Quote from: anlauto on May 03, 2021, 09:13:35 AM
Did you end up using those Moroso valve cover gaskets, or source another brand ?

@anlauto I did use them.  I figured what the hell!!! (I will update that thread)

jimynick

Jason, as ever the contrarian, it sounds like a lifter to me; but that could be a YT video going through a rinky-dink speaker on my comp. I'd take it out and give it an Italian Tune-up and an hours driving and see what it's like.  :burnout:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"