Main Menu

Kframe paint

Started by nsmall, July 16, 2017, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

@Burdar

I'm going to paint my K frame and basically everything as its still connected together on the K frame and I was going to paint it black.

I have 2k epoxy primer I was planning to use.  As for what to use for paint for something that's rigid and strong, any suggestions?

Should I go glossy, semi, or flat?  I don't have a spray gun, so I need some that rattles.  Any idea of something stronger than standard rattle can paint....how about engine paint?

I'm just trying to do something that lasts a long time if that makes sense as I don't want to have to tear this apart again anytime soon.

Thanks guys.  Really appreciate your insight. 

PS...I'm broke so powder coating seems unlikely at this point

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Just get some 2K black rattle can paint.  It will be super strong and since you're already using the good epoxy primer it will hold up extremely well.  I would have to check my notes when I get home, but I think they were semi-gloss black.  I like to paint mine gloss black.

Have you visited your local automotive paint store to see if they stock 2K rattle can paints?  Most will stock those type of things.

Burdar

Mine are powder coated. I had them done in semi gloss. It doesn't cost anything to call some shops in your area an get some quotes.

I like Eastwood Extreme Chassis black. It's supposed to be resistant to fuel/oil.

nsmall

Thanks a lot guys. You are always so good to me.  I hate doing anything twice so I try to get this done the best I can the first time. 

Neil

RUNCHARGER

Semi gloss black. Sometimes it's just easier and cheaper to let the powder coaters blast and coat them though, I would check pricing. I like mine gloss black as well for some reason.
Sheldon

nsmall

Doing some research.  2k is only available in satin black

Cuda Cody

I'll check when I get home, but I'm almost certain I have some Gloss black 2k rattle can paint in my shop.  I will not be able to confirm until later this week, but I'm sure someone makes it.

nsmall

I found some.  Of course its not cheap. :takemymoney: