Main Menu

LD340 install questions

Started by 73chalngr, May 02, 2020, 06:20:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

73chalngr

Good clearance seem good. I tested it without the air cleaner first assuming the stud is the highest point then with air cleaner in place closed fine the only problem I see could be position of snorkel .

Scooter

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 16, 2020, 09:35:23 AM
Looks great  :bigthumb:
How is the hood clearance?

Quote from: 73chalngr on May 16, 2020, 09:15:39 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for their input On putting my aluminum intake only a few minor things to clean up but it's running now no oil leaks sounds good I'm gonna go for a test drive later today

Looks good... is the LD340 considered a hi rise intake?

Chryco Psycho

NO it is a mid rise dual plane , it is just slightly taller than the stock intake  :bigthumb:

Scooter

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 16, 2020, 09:59:04 AM
NO it is a mid rise dual plane , it is just slightly taller than the stock intake  :bigthumb:

Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

For decades it was rated as the top aftermarket intake for the small blocks , , The newer RPM is maybe slightly better & probably better in the higher RPM range

73chalngr

Yes I am from that decade.  Test drive went well.

JS29

Chryco Psycho

Great , noticable improvement I assume  :bigthumb:

73chalngr

It definitely sounded different didn't really do a whole lot wanted to drive it and come back and check it over again I think I may need to bring the carburetor up to speed now

Chryco Psycho

For sure , the carb needs to be reset to match the air flow

JS29

RzeroB

The LD340 was my "go to" manifold for my 340 builds.

For bolts, I would use the ones with a small diameter 12-pt head on them - least amount of interference getting the in and easy to get a wrench on them to tighten them down.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

kawahonda

I think an LD340 would love a 440 square-bore AVS too....

Otherwise I would expect to definitely have to upjet (or re-rod) with one.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Mrbill426

@73chalngr just curious... how did the manifold work out?

Quote from: 73chalngr on May 16, 2020, 12:12:02 PM
It definitely sounded different didn't really do a whole lot wanted to drive it and come back and check it over again I think I may need to bring the carburetor up to speed now

73chalngr

I have not driven the car a whole lot since the install I had other things to take care of around the house but I like the improvement . Intake bolts were a little bit of a pain in the ass.