Main Menu

Progress! - New Cam

Started by Cudajason, August 31, 2018, 10:14:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Seems to have more lift per duration as well lift is always good as long as you don't touch the pistons !!

jimynick

Jason, did you buy the degree kit? If you didn't, I have one you can borrow. Did your kit come with a double rolled timing chain or the silent link type?  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on December 02, 2018, 08:07:08 PM
Jason, did you buy the degree kit? If you didn't, I have one you can borrow. Did your kit come with a double rolled timing chain or the silent link type?  :cheers:

Hey Ian thanks for the offer as always!

I purchased the Cam degree Kit from Summit with my order.  I like tools!  In all seriousness, I work so slow, I hate to borrow tools, because there is no telling how long it will take me to get things done.  I know this should only be a weekend job, but its pretty rare for me to get a whole weekend to work on the car.  My life is so crazy right now, that I will pick away at this after the holidays and hope I am done before spring!

The timing chain in the kit is advertised as a double roller...which I one of the reasons I purchased the kit, other wise I would have just bought them separately.

Jason   
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

Cudajason

Its like xmas morning over here!!!

Now the fun or is it the work begins!!!

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

Hey Jas, you doing the carb too? You running a Holley? Let me know about the carb, as a buddy has an ultrasonic cleaner that we could stick the carb in if you so chose.  :cheers:

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on January 07, 2019, 06:41:53 PM
Hey Jas, you doing the carb too? You running a Holley? Let me know about the carb, as a buddy has an ultrasonic cleaner that we could stick the carb in if you so chose.  :cheers:

Yeah the carb is looking a little ruff...so I figure I would pull it apart while I had everything else apart.  I am also going to switch out the secondary meeting plates to a meeting block that uses jets.

I will certainly take you up on that offer.  I will let you know when I have it apart!

Jason

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

We are here if you need help of course  :bigthumb:

jimynick

Quote from: Cudajason on January 07, 2019, 07:03:25 PM

Yeah the carb is looking a little ruff...so I figure I would pull it apart while I had everything else apart.  I am also going to switch out the secondary meeting plates to a meeting block that uses jets.

I will certainly take you up on that offer.  I will let you know when I have it apart!

Jason
All good, let me know and if I may, how much for the new metering plates? Did you buy jets to go in those new metering plates?  :cheers:

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on January 08, 2019, 08:14:15 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on January 07, 2019, 07:03:25 PM

Jason
All good, let me know and if I may, how much for the new metering plates? Did you buy jets to go in those new metering plates?  :cheers:

@jimynick the new metering plate was $55 USD.  it does not come with jets.  I figure I will take a trip out to Rudy Helds once I get close and pick up a few jests.  I like the idea of being able to tune the secondaries. 

Jason 

blown motor

@Cudajason  Let me know when you're going to Rudy's. We'll meet for coffee.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Thx. Jason! Somewhere, I have a selection of Holley jets, but damned if I could put my hand on them right away. What I also have, is a book on Holleys that a member on CC.com gave me should you wish to refer to it. Since tailpipe sniffers have become scarce these days, maybe you should consider welding bungs into the exhaust so that a wide band O2 sensor could aid in your tuning. Maybe you should do whatever the hell you want to, but I thought I'd make the observations. Holler if you need something and let both Murray and I know when you're going to Rudy's and we'll make it a gang invasion!  :cheers:

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on January 09, 2019, 07:10:51 PM
@Cudajason  Let me know when you're going to Rudy's. We'll meet for coffee.

Will do @blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on January 09, 2019, 08:28:54 PM
Thx. Jason! Somewhere, I have a selection of Holley jets, but damned if I could put my hand on them right away. What I also have, is a book on Holleys that a member on CC.com gave me should you wish to refer to it. Since tailpipe sniffers have become scarce these days, maybe you should consider welding bungs into the exhaust so that a wide band O2 sensor could aid in your tuning. Maybe you should do whatever the hell you want to, but I thought I'd make the observations. Holler if you need something and let both Murray and I know when you're going to Rudy's and we'll make it a gang invasion!  :cheers:

@jimynick - You and I are on the same page...I have an O2 sensor...and the bungs.  I am going to pull the headpipes off and hit a guy I know up to weld in the bungs...so I can tune everything properly with the new cam and carb improvements.  Funny thing...you know the guy I was go to ask... :D :D

I will make sure I let you know as well when I plan to head out to Rudy's

I hope to get some disassembly done this weekend.  :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Jason

Cudajason

Well the easy part is pretty much done!!!

My plan is to degree the old cam just for fun...and to really understand what the specs are!!

Now i just need to order a crank socket to do it...not cheap!!!

I also have the carb apart...just have to drill out one of the clear sight plugs that broke!

Jason