Main Menu

New Forum Design

Started by Cuda Cody, November 26, 2023, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

73_Cuda_4_Me

No, the bold 'chat' window icons in that picture, compared to the faded ones in the lower topics...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

daaboots

Thanks to all involved for keeping this forum alive!

:cheers:

TwitchisMental

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on November 29, 2023, 11:28:54 AMNo, the bold 'chat' window icons in that picture, compared to the faded ones in the lower topics...

I believe I am lost with that one.   What is it about them that you are not liking and/or wanting changed.?

73_Cuda_4_Me

Originally, the 'E' next to section topics was bold if unread posts were in topic, and would dim when all posts were read and you went back to  main board listing. That no longer works, and the Engine section on mine is always dim, even with new posts in that topic. Here is the comparison showing the difference I see.

I can key in on topics I am most interested in that have new posts much more quickly by using the bold vs dim method, and I believe the theme is supposed to do that, but isn't, per 'New' screen shot shown below? :notsure:

BS23H3B

Cuda Cody

Okay. I see what he's talking about.  The really light yellow behind them is hard to see.  This is what we had before.  Dark blue with a yellow glow if it was unread and a light non lit blue for read. 

Cuda Cody

Since we only have 1 sub board, we would either need to take it out so we don't have sub boards or come up with a 3rd logo or color to show a sub board new topic.

TwitchisMental

I see the issue. Basically 2.0 only had on off and redirect. 2.1 has on on2 off and redirect.  The on2 is a more translucent version of the on.

I will get that resolved.

Edit: Give it a hard refresh(control + f5) and you should be good to go now.

Cuda Cody

Is there a way to make the unread lit E darker like this?

Cuda Cody

Also, do we need a 3rd design / color for the "on2"? Something like this?

TwitchisMental

Alright how does that look  :)?

73_Cuda_4_Me

If the sub board highlights the main board one, that suffices for me. That is the way the old one worked.

The reset did the trick for me, and I can tell read and unread sections like used to be!

Kudos to both of you! Thanks for all you do for all of us!

:ohyeah:  :ohyeah:  :ohyeah:

BS23H3B

Spikedog08

Quote from: TwitchisMental on November 30, 2023, 08:44:38 AMI see the issue. Basically 2.0 only had on off and redirect. 2.1 has on on2 off and redirect.  The on2 is a more translucent version of the on.

Yep what he said!  :iagree:  lol
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Bills Auto Works

Every time I check in the site looks better & better!

Thanks Cody, Twitch & everyone else involved in the heavy lifting.

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

DeathProofCuda

Can't thank you guys enough for all the work you've done to keep this going!  :bradsthumb:  :worship:  :clapping:  :banana:  :cheers:

Fern

What happened to the
Unread topics since your last visit tab?