Main Menu

New Forum Design

Started by Cuda Cody, November 26, 2023, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

TwitchisMental

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on December 14, 2023, 09:01:23 PMIs it possible to add a feature to allow hovering over a post's title/subject and have a preview pop-up show the first paragraph of the post?
A preview is helpful if the title/subject is something ambiguous like "Need Help".

Feature Enabled.

blown motor

When I'm on a page and click the back button to go back to the treads page it take me to the last website I was on, not the last page in this website, except when I make a post, then it's ok. Is anyone else seeing this?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

That's never happened to me on my desktop or iPad. I don't use my phone for forums, screen's too small.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: blown motor on December 17, 2023, 06:26:11 AMWhen I'm on a page and click the back button to go back to the treads page it take me to the last website I was on, not the last page in this website, except when I make a post, then it's ok. Is anyone else seeing this?
Not seeing this myself. If I were to guess this would be a browser setting issue.

Which browser are you using? Any addons?  Have you tried to replicate the issue in another browser?

Cuda Cody

I'm using Chrome and I'm clicking the back button.  It takes me back to the forum threads page as normal.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RusTy/SE

Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 15, 2023, 08:25:23 AM
Quote from: MoparCarGuy on December 14, 2023, 09:01:23 PMIs it possible to add a feature to allow hovering over a post's title/subject and have a preview pop-up show the first paragraph of the post?
A preview is helpful if the title/subject is something ambiguous like "Need Help".

Feature Enabled.

Currently shows a preview of the last post, rather than the first post of a thread. Anybody else seeing the same when hovering?
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Gross Polluter

Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 12, 2023, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: Gross Polluter on December 04, 2023, 11:51:35 PMI had a draft post I was working on but can't find it now, do those no longer exist or am I missing something?  Thanks
Sorry for missing this @Gross Polluter. Post Drafts have been enabled.

Appreciate it, but are drafts that were in-progress prior to the redesign lost? 
1970 Challenger RT 383 auto Plum Crazy

2012 Challenger RT 5.7 6-speed STP (sold, sadly)

2020 Charger 6.4L Scat Pack

Jay Bee

Quote from: RusTy/SE on December 17, 2023, 04:14:01 PMCurrently shows a preview of the last post, rather than the first post of a thread. Anybody else seeing the same when hovering?
Yup, that's what it's doing for me as well.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: RusTy/SE on December 17, 2023, 04:14:01 PM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 15, 2023, 08:25:23 AM

Feature Enabled.

Currently shows a preview of the last post, rather than the first post of a thread. Anybody else seeing the same when hovering?

Fixed.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Gross Polluter on December 17, 2023, 10:04:22 PM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 12, 2023, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: Gross Polluter on December 04, 2023, 11:51:35 PMI had a draft post I was working on but can't find it now, do those no longer exist or am I missing something?  Thanks
Sorry for missing this @Gross Polluter. Post Drafts have been enabled.

Appreciate it, but are drafts that were in-progress prior to the redesign lost?

Yes.

MoparLeo

I have seen a few times where guys are asking how to post pictures now. What is the official process now.
Thanks
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 18, 2023, 10:56:17 AMI have seen a few times where guys are asking how to post pictures now. What is the official process now.
Thanks

You would just use the attachments.

Brads70

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 18, 2023, 10:56:17 AMI have seen a few times where guys are asking how to post pictures now. What is the official process now.
Thanks

This works for me on my PC desktop. I've noticed you need to click on the reply tab , the one in dark blue near the bottom.( not just the window tab that automatically open)  Then type text if you want . Then notice the " click or drag files here to attach them" in heavy black font at the bottom of the reply window. When you do that a window to your files/pictures opens, then you click and drag on the desired picture and drag it over the " click or drag files here to attach them" heavy font, when you do that a dotted outline appears and you simply drag it in the dotted box and let go and it loads.
Works for me, sorry I'm not a big computer whiz, hope that helps?

cuda hunter

I am very glad that the new photo attachments will allow more than one photo at a time to be attached. 
The old way, opening one attachment window per picture was very time consuming.
This makes loading pictures much easier and will result in more pictures being posted in general. 

Thanks yal!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee