Main Menu

Anyone catch Scott on Graveyard Carz?

Started by Cuda Cody, June 14, 2017, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 15, 2017, 07:46:54 AM
I saw that too.   :yes:  Maybe it's because they have the original and know it's not not painted... OR the more likely answer is Mark doesn't know as much as he thinks and made a mistake.  You could hear Tony trying to say how much he has been "helping" Mark back up what he's been saying for so long by setting him straight on some of the small accurate details.  But he must have not helped him on the grille.  Would have been better body color.

Quote from: 76orangewagon on June 15, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

On a non related topic : Why is the Phantom Cuda grille Argent instead of body color ...I thought all EV2 cars had body color grilles.
I caught that also about them "now" trying to step up their accuracy to match previous claims...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

MoparJunkie

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on June 19, 2017, 08:44:58 PM
Moparjunkie, come by and visit, Spokane is a small town, I'm on Broadway near Argonne in the Valley.  :drinkingbud:

Will do! I definitely enjoy meeting more local Mopar people.

wldgtx

While I have not met Mark in person, I have spoken to him several times.  We communicated quite a bit through email as well, and while I agree the craziness is tough to watch at times, I think much of his arrogance is for the show, but being silly is just him.  When I spoke to Will he said that the goofiness continues off camera, and that the shop is a lot of fun.  I may be the minority here, but I have no problem with that and I firmly believe that the quality of work has increased a lot in the last year or so... at the end of the day it is a show about Mopars and that is cool as hell in my book.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

MoparJunkie

Quote from: wldgtx on June 20, 2017, 05:33:23 AM
While I have not met Mark in person, I have spoken to him several times.  We communicated quite a bit through email as well, and while I agree the craziness is tough to watch at times, I think much of his arrogance is for the show, but being silly is just him.  When I spoke to Will he said that the goofiness continues off camera, and that the shop is a lot of fun.  I may be the minority here, but I have no problem with that and I firmly believe that the quality of work has increased a lot in the last year or so... at the end of the day it is a show about Mopars and that is cool as hell in my book.

Agreed, overall great show and bringing back dead Mopars is great! I wouldn't doubt that the TV show cuts stuff in and out for added drama as well. Definitely looks like a fun job though, I'd work for him if just to constantly be around all those awesome cars!

I think the only controversy that I know of is that green charger that was done on a budget. There are two sides to every story though. The owner sounded like he was upset with subpar work (runs in the paint) and Mark stated his did the car very well considering previous crappy work (bad body work etc) and the budget he had to work with from the insurance company. I think that was the only negative customer he has had.

I will continue to watch the show (until I no longer get velocity for free anyway lol). Maybe someone needs to send in some new dance moves for Mark lol.

303 Mopar

Just found out Dave, the lead tech, left GYC.

Aar1064

@ScottSmith_Harms is a one of a kind guy. He rebuilt my carbs and at one point I was having issues unrelated and he called me one evening to offer some help. Mark could use a guy like him because he really knows and loves these Mopars.

I like the show for the same reason most on this thread do, it's about the mopars.

anlauto

Wow...talk about bringing up an old thread.....I was reading it...thinking ...how the heck did I miss this two weeks ago....kept reading....then I noticed it was June 2017....and this is 2018...DOH ! :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: anlauto on June 29, 2018, 06:48:05 PM
Wow...talk about bringing up an old thread.....I was reading it...thinking ...how the heck did I miss this two weeks ago....kept reading....then I noticed it was June 2017....and this is 2018...DOH ! :drunk:

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing!! Need to look at the years, they're really flying by.

Cuda Cody

That's a big loss for Mark.  Dave is one of the good ones.  I think he'll do fine on his own.

ScottSmith_Harms

Aar1064,

Thank you for the kind words, very nice of you.

I am sure Dave will do great, he is very talented and a nice person to boot! Mark will surely miss him.